"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 05-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
However, meat left long enough in acidic marinade practically gets "cooked" it can be eaten raw after say couple of days.
I disagree. A acidic marinade will make a meat or fish 'look' cooked but it isn't. I wouldn't eat raw chicken that had been marinated for a long time.

Only heat can kill off harmful bacteria in meats.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I disagree. A acidic marinade will make a meat or fish 'look' cooked but it isn't. I wouldn't eat raw chicken that had been marinated for a long time.

Or Gamma, and x-rays. Just sayin'

Yes, I know, I'm being absurd. It's such a fun thing to do. But I agree with you 100%, Andy.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #13
Executive Chef

You can bake the stuffing separate, and then spoon into the center and return to the oven for a little bit to get a crispy top, but I wouldn't know how to adjust the total baking time.

You can buy a jar of crab apples, in the pickles section, and put one on each of the bone tops for fun.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

One year just after Thanksgiving when I had ALL the grandchildren with me for tree trimming, for their craft to do for the day, I had cut and made up a bunch of stockings for the crown roast I was going to be serving for Christmas. So I tossed a bucket of crayons I had in the middle of the table and each one got a couple of stockings to decorate as they saw fit. They then got to eat the cookies they 'made' (Pillsbury cookie roll) with a hot cup of cocoa.

Those stocking made for a really interesting roast. They each decorated four and were able to take home two to show Daddy.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
One year just after Thanksgiving when I had ALL the grandchildren with me for tree trimming, for their craft to do for the day, I had cut and made up a bunch of stockings for the crown roast I was going to be serving for Christmas. So I tossed a bucket of crayons I had in the middle of the table and each one got a couple of stockings to decorate as they saw fit. They then got to eat the cookies they 'made' (Pillsbury cookie roll) with a hot cup of cocoa.

Those stocking made for a really interesting roast. They each decorated four and were able to take home two to show Daddy.
Why that's almost as interesting as dirty sock soup.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:22 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Good point with chicken, honestly, never done it and totally slipped my mind. But have done it with pork and beef, after 3 days, totally you can eat it raw. It even tastes cooked.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #17
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Good point with chicken, honestly, never done it and totally slipped my mind. But have done it with pork and beef, after 3 days, totally you can eat it raw. It even tastes cooked.
Really, what kind of prep? Don't think I would do that. I've eaten beef totally raw and marinated/cooked in acid raw but pork??? I know today's pork is supposed to be safe but I guess it's still too ingrained from long ago.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #18
Master Chef

I haven't eaten pork in 20 years, so it was probably less safe then. Oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cut up pork in about 2 inch cubes, season, marinade, leave it the fridge for 3 days. Use to make shush kebab. Make sure to put on the skewer really fast, so not to eat raw. I used to love to eat it raw. After 3 days it looks and tastes cooked. I do the same thing with beef nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Tags
None