Defrosting ham not working :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I have a 9 lbs cooked spiral ham that i removed from the freezer to the refrigirator at around 2:00 am and it is now 8:57 am and it is still hard as a rock. I was going to do the water method but i remove the wrapping from the ham and i don't have ziplag bags but i do have plastic wrap like the aluminum paper.

Can someone tell me of a different way of thawing the ham a different way?

what temp are you going to cook it? Maybe just slowly thaw in a low oven, then bring the oven temp up to finish. It's already cooked if it's a spiral, so you just need to bring it up to temp.

Since it is already cooked the instructions says 7 minutes per pound at 300 degrees.

9 lbs, takes about 2 days to thaw in the refrigerator. You'll just have to cook it for a longer time. Fortunately, most hams are pre-cooked, and all you are really doing is reheating it.

Yes i just looked at the label and it is fully cooked and ready to eat. I can put it in the oven frozen in the oven?

you just might want to lower the temp at first so that the outside doesn't get too far along before the center thaws.

You might want to wrap it tightly in foil and heat it in the oven at the lowest temperature setting to start the thawing process then unwrap it and follow the printed instructions.

Thanks Everyone!

I'm heading out now to buy some aluminum foil.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

In case you come back, I did a ham on Sunday from frozen. Covered in foil, temp at 300 for about 6-7 hours. It was fabulous. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Everyone!

I think my ham turned out great. I did it with the foil and i put the temp at 300 like alix said 20 minutes before it was done i took it out of the foil and added the maple glazed. When i took the foil it was moist but after i added the glazed it dried. I think it came out good because everyone said it tasted good including myself and there was someone that asked for seconds :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom