Freeze pork schnitzel for later use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chezloriv

Assistant Cook
I am planning to make pork schnitzel to be put on pretzel rolls for sandwiches and would like to make them ahead and freeze the portions then thaw them when ready to use. Would there be any issues with that?

Hi. By schnitzel, you mean breaded and fried cutlets, right? When thawed, the breading won't be crispy anymore. I'd leave off the breading and just season them well before frying.

Thanks for the replies. I agree that the breading would be soggy after thawing, so freezing them raw and frying up would help that problem, only I don't want to be frying them close to the event (for up to 150 people). Fry up day before? But then it would probably get soggy again. Yes, for cold sandwiches with a garlic tarragon lemon flavored mayo.

Thanks for the replies. I agree that the breading would be soggy after thawing, so freezing them raw and frying up would help that problem, only I don't want to be frying them close to the event (for up to 150 people). Fry up day before? But then it would probably get soggy again. Yes, for cold sandwiches with a garlic tarragon lemon flavored mayo.

Cold breaded sandwiches? No way that will work ahead of time.

You could make cold roast pork sandwiches with coarse-ground mustard and sauerkraut. That would be really good with pretzel rolls and easy to make in advance.

Back
Top Bottom