Fried Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Red potatoes with olive oil, kosher salt, garlic salt, and ground black pepper going into a 350º oven.

img_586977_0_9d9c39692651cb518cd8ab5ce51708e4.jpg

Cucumber salad.

img_586977_1_f81e4adf040f38362364b3f1426b379a.jpg

Pork chops dipped in seasoned flour and bread crumbs then fried in lard & bacon grease.

img_586977_2_9af5a1fe26a96a9bf5ba9eb2a60fb2b3.jpg

With homemade apple pie for desert.

img_586977_3_3dbcd987e1afbaf639c60ed97a315b84.jpg

omg, John, that brings back memories. Especially the pork chops fried in lard. Alas, I can't have that kind of food , but enjoy the pictures.

Set another place at the table for me please.:-p Would you share your recipe for the cucumber salad? Is it made with sour cream?

That salad caught my eye, too. Green olives for a little bite. I might have to try that.
I make a cucumber salad with sweet onions, s & p, and half mayo and sour cream for the dressing. I love cucumbers, but lately they haven't looked very good around here....

That salad caught my eye, too. Green olives for a little bite. I might have to try that.
I make a cucumber salad with sweet onions, s & p, and half mayo and sour cream for the dressing. I love cucumbers, but lately they haven't looked very good around here....

The cucumbers at our stores have been terrible. I have been buying the three pack of seedless cucumbers at Sams. They are pretty good but they cost almost $4. I can't wait until this summer when we have our own in our garden.

Cucumber Salad Recipe

Small pickling cucumbers are best, slice to desired thickness. I like to add green olives, red onion, and green pepper. We were out of red onion and green pepper so I went with only green olives. Dressing is equal parts Mayo, Sour Cream, and White wine vinegar mixed with a hand mixer before adding. Sorry, I do not measure ingredients; just eyeball what seems to be the right amount for you. You really cannot have too much dressing.

Interesting way to do the spuds, sort of a cross between Roasters, baked and wedges.
I like :)

Back
Top Bottom