Grits and Grillades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cantcook

Cook
4 lbs Pork Tenderloin

½ cup oil or bacon grease

½ c flour

1 ½ c chopped onion

½ bunch green onions, chopped

2 ½ ribs celery and tops, chopped

1 ½ c chopped bell pepper

1-8 oz can tomato sauce

1 tsp thyme

1 cup red wine (burgundy is best)

1 cup water

¾ tsp salt

½ tsp cracked pepper

¾ tsp instant minced garlic (I use fresh diced)

½ bunch parsley, chopped

1 tsp Tabasco

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

4 bay leaves

Cut meat into medallions and brown in oil. Set aside. Add rest of oil or grease to pan and stir in flour. Continue to stir until a rich brown roux has been made. Add onions, celery, and green pepper and stir until tender. Add tomato sauce and thyme, stirring until sauce has lost it’s bright red color. Add wine and water necessary to make enough gravy to cover meat. Return meat to gravy and bring to a boil. Add all seasonings. Reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or until done. It may be necessary to add some water/wine during cooking. Adjust seasonings. Serve over grits or rice. Best if it sits overnite. Serves 12. I generally cut the recipe in half.

Cheese Grits

1 ½ cup grits

7 c water

1 tsp salt

1 lb sharp cheese, grated

2 eggs

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 garlic bud pressed

1 stick margarine

Tabasco

Cook grits in salted water until thick. Add remainder of ingredients and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Hi, can't cook - yes, the recipe looks great! Is this one of Emeril's? For some reason, it just reminds me of him and his 'style'!

No this recipe came from a guys wife that I used to work with. I never met her, but him and I were talking cooking and he told me this was his wife's best recipe and called her up and she sent it to me. If I could remember her name I'd give her credit for it.

Back
Top Bottom