Ham steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what you mean, vitauta! I had to put a dribble cup under the front of my monitor!:ohmy: When msmofet posts her photos, I slobber all over the screen while trying to lick the taste off.:pig::wacko::ohmy:

Just looking at her recipes will cause weight gain!:ROFLMAO:
YIKES :huh: :angel::chef:

I'm going to cook up some of the ham steaks. Since the meat isn't cured or smoked, I think I'm going to brine them, then fry them up so they caramelize and then do a sauce with reduced white wine, grainy dijon mustard, shallots, and cream.

I was surprised when we were cutting up the pig that the texture and color of the meat from the hams was so different than that from the rest of the pig. I've always dealt with cured and smoked pork ham, not just the straight meat. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

I'm going to cook up some of the ham steaks. Since the meat isn't cured or smoked, I think I'm going to brine them, then fry them up so they caramelize and then do a sauce with reduced white wine, grainy dijon mustard, shallots, and cream.

I was surprised when we were cutting up the pig that the texture and color of the meat from the hams was so different than that from the rest of the pig. I've always dealt with cured and smoked pork ham, not just the straight meat. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Sounds tasty.

Brining it sounds good. Let us know how it turns out. I've bought fresh picnics, and yes, the texture and color is different.

Back
Top Bottom