Head cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a kid I used to love something very similar, but Swedish. It's called "sylte". I guess my mum made it. I really don't remember, but I don't know where she would have gotten it if she didn't make it herself.

so, is brawn a specialty food that you enjoy for the holidays, bolas? from what i know of you, i'll bet you can put away some good brawn--with mustard, vinegar and lots of fresh coarse ground pepper?:)
Vit its on sale on the deli counter of most good supermarkets and yes I do like it mashed on a hot crumpet or toast with a dab of Colmans and a splash of malt.I have never made it but when we were in Serbia my wifes Aunt made Pihtije which is the same:yum:

This thread has me thinking of steaming/melting a chunk of head cheese in a sealed chinese wonton dumpling skin... maybe with a dab of chilled bacon fat just to be sure...

This thread has me thinking of steaming/melting a chunk of head cheese in a sealed chinese wonton dumpling skin... maybe with a dab of chilled bacon fat just to be sure...

oooh spork, you have just conjured for me a perfect head cheese fantasy! i can practically taste the melty-meaty wanton dumpling on my tongue....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom