Help with ground pork, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I'm at my sisters, watching two of her three kids...they had to go to the Mayo Clinic because my sister's father in law is in a medical emergency. So, I'm here with the 14 and 10 yr old. They took Mayson (2 1/2) with. I'll be here for at least 2-3 days.

The 10 yr old wants homemade mac n cheese...and I looked in the freezer and found a pound of ground pork.

What do I do with it????

I don't do a lot with ground pork but I don't know why you couldn't brown it like hamburger, add spices and make tacos or add it to tomato/spaghetti sauce and pour over pasta. Anything you would use ground beef for! You may have to adjust some of the flavorings for pork but not a whole lot. I would think you could make a meatloaf with it or add it to sloppy joe sauce too! Hope everything goes well with the family. I know it can be stressful for everyone. Hope this helps and we'll keep your family in our prayers.

...The 10 yr old wants homemade mac n cheese...and I looked in the freezer and found a pound of ground pork.

What do I do with it????

Well you aint gonna turn it into mac and cheese unless you can make things happen when you twitch your nose :LOL:

Sorry :angel: What jabbur said. Use it like you would hamburger. I use it in meatloaf, I've used it in spaghetti sauce. I wouldn't hesitate to make a "hamburger" out of it or to add it to mac and cheese. IMO it doesn't require any more or any less seasoning than what you would use with ground beef.

:LOL:

OK....That was dumb...

Thanks!:ROFLMAO:

Nooo, what's dumb is pulling frozen hamburger out of the freezer only to find it's the ground pork you didn't label. :LOL:
That's how I know you can substitute ;)

Use it like you would ground beef in spaghetti sauce

Brown it and add some canned tomatoes (salt, pepper, garlic) then add something like rigatoni for American Goulash

Brown it, add a can of cream of mushroom, 1 small carton of sour cream, top with canned biscuits and bake according to the biscuit directions, turning biscuits over half-way through

Or make a mac and cheese. Brown and season your ground pork. Mix and eat or layer pork then mac and cheese, bake for a bit, and THEN eat :LOL:

Spanish Rice is another option

Well, I ended up not making anything! My nephew hung out with friends and snacked at their homes, my niece ended up at McDonalds with the neighbors, and I had a frozen pizza!!!

I make patties out of ground pork, season with salt and pepper and eat on bread plain. I like it.

Maybe add some pepper, salt and sage and make sausage???? Then cook some eggs and potatoes, make some toast......

Back
Top Bottom