Help with Leftover Pork Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I made a pork roast in the crock yesterday and I've got about 1.5 lbs of meat left. Any ideas of how to use it up, besides bbq? I was thinking Mexican, but I am not sure.

Chili, fried pork with scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. Pork hash, chopped pork with kraut and chopped onions and cream cheese and shredded cheese wrapped in a wonton and fried.

The pork and kraut thing always works. A soup would be good. Add some mole sauce and make tamales or enchiladas. Now you've got me thinking about what I might do with some leftover pork roast I've got. Hmmmmmm!

Make a sandwich...sliced cold pork roast, whole wheat bread, romaine lettuce. You can save some for when you make a tomato sauce.,,can wrap and freeze. Chop some over brown rice and some veggies. Make a hot pork with gravy sandwich..add ..veggie or salad.

We did the mole sauce, threw in some hominy - made some rice with salsa, and salad with a southwest dressing. Yummm. I think I'll have leftovers for breakfast!

if you can make 1/4" slices, like "steaks", hiow about a pork parmigiana? or if it's thin sliced, maybe pork and peppers.

for the parm: just simmer it in a little sauce, just enough to coat. then top slices with grated cheese, a sprinkle of parsely and basil, and shredded mozarella. pop under broiler to melt and toast cheese.

or,

quickly fry some garlic, green pepper, and onion slices for just a minutes, add a pinch of basil and oregano, add a bay leaf, a little tomato sauce, and a tsp of fennel seeds. mix in the sliced pork, and cover just until the meat is reaheated. don't overcook the peppers and onions.

shred it & make a gravy. with bread & mashed taters, yum.
or add to spaghetti sauce. my Pap adds pork to his & it's fantastic.
you could make sammiches.

I make this "pork salad" that is very tasty warm or cold.

Cube up the meat, place in a bowl.

Saute some onion and garlic in EVOO, add to that a bottle of chile sauce(just plain chili sauce in the bottle) and a jar of red pepper relish(sweet red pepper relish). Spice up with some cajun spice mix, a little Worcestershire sauce and a little red wine. Let that simmer for 15 minutes or so so the flavors combine. Stir into the pork.

Serve it anyway you like... very tasty on a roll, served on lettuce, in a hollowed out tomato....

Back
Top Bottom