Honeybaked Ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am also cooking a spiral cut ham... does anyone have a good solution for serving? They used to come with a wire stand I think but mine doesn't have one. it will be going on a self serve buffet table and it would be nice to have it sitting upright....

Janet you could find a stand for sale, but at this stage in the game (this is for Christmas, right?) I would say, heat, slice and arrange on a beautiful platter with some sort of garnish. For instance something seasonal, like kumquats, pomegranate seeds, some edible greens such as maybe some curly Kale, and so on...

DING! :idea:

What if you took some heavy duty tinfoil, made it into a very thick snake, coiled it around into a make-shift stand and disguised it in some curly Kale?
That might work, especially if you do have your heart set on standing the Ham up right.

It's OK, Kayelle. I can cook marginally, but I DO like Honeybaked hams! :LOL:

Trying to think, are they based out of TN? Will have to use my friend, the Google thing.

Dawg, our HBH place makes outstanding sandwiches and there's no better ham sandwich to be bought anywhere. Considering how expensive their hams are, I don't get it how they can sell their generous ham sandwiches for such a bargain price.

And by the way, you are certainly more than a marginal cook! :chef:

Trying to think, are they based out of TN? Will have to use my friend, the Google thing.

They're based in Michigan. The very first store was on Five Mile Road in Detroit and their offices are still in suburban Detroit. (I'm still very proud of my hometown, even thouhi I haven't lived there in many years)

They're based in Michigan. The very first store was on Five Mile Road in Detroit and their offices are still in suburban Detroit. (I'm still very proud of my hometown, even thouhi I haven't lived there in many years)

Yes! Now I remember, we spotted several outlets on our drive through your beautiful state. As I recall, we've also seen them in IL, PA, and TN.

It's always interesting to see the line out the door in the days leading up to Christmas and Thanksgiving. One on the other side of town even puts up a tent to shelter the line from the elements. The one near me doesn't have room for that.

I was gifted a Honeybaked ham this year by the boss.

Ive never used or eaten one but now this ham is going to be Christmas dinner for some family members that are new to me and I don't want to look like a complete idiot.

On the pamphlet that came with the ham, the Honeybaked people cop out and tell you to serve it at room temperature (unheated). And if you want to heat it, to wrap slices in foil and heat in a low oven for 10min/lb

But I want to heat that whole sucker up and serve it on a platter.

My plan is to cover the whole thing in foil and heat it in a slow oven for 10min/lb. But it has some type of glaze on it, right? Should I take the foil off at the end of warming?

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jenny, let us all know the outcome

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom