Originally Posted by Caslon
Ah... pork chops. I'm one dimensional, Shake 'N Bake.
I'm kinda lost not using Shake 'N Bake, so I'm reading over the posts here. I'd like to pan fry a chop one of these days.
That makes me kind of sad
What are you waiting for? There are dozens of ways to make pork chops. Here are a few of my favorites:
Pan-fried, for loin chops:
- crusted with Parmesan, bread crumbs and thyme
- glazed with maple syrup, cinnamon and cayenne
- marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano
- with apple cider-Dijon mustard-chicken broth pan sauce
Braised, for shoulder and blade chops (brown first, then deglaze and simmer):
- in brown gravy with lots of onions
- in pizza sauce (alla pizzaiola)
- in barbecue sauce thinned with broth
- in a mixture of apple cider and chicken stock with onions and apples. When done, thicken sauce with cornstarch slurry.
- in a mixture of rice wine or dry sherry, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. When done, thicken sauce with cornstarch slurry.