How long can pork roast cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nashwillis7

Assistant Cook
I am cooking a pork shoulder in a crook pot how long can I leave cooking and eat before it gets bad? I want to eat it all week?

If you mean you're thinking about leaving it cooking in the pot all week, don't do that. Just cook it according to the published recipes for crock pot pork roast. Break it down into meal size lots and refrigerate and heat one each night. What you want to avoid in such situations is repeatedly letting it spend time lukewarm. So break it down into meals.

Now, as to your safety/spoilage question. It won't be dangerous to leave it at normal cooking temperatures for a week, but it will suffer in texture, and any vegetables will turn to mush.

If you just meant to ask how long you could keep it after you cooked it, it will be okay refrigerated for a week, but again, break it down into meals, so it doesn't accumulate too much time at bacteria breeding temperatures.

When it's falling apart tender, it's done. It generally takes 5+ hours on High for mine, depending on the size.

We generally use ours up in four or five days. I don't reheat the entire thing over and over, I just pull out the portion we need and heat that up.

If there's too much to eat within a few days, it freezes just fine. I generally put it into about 1 cup portions in freezer bags and then use it within a couple months.

I cook it in the slow cooker or oven for up to six hours . After that its falling apart you really don't need any longer . As other have said, it can then be eaten for at least the next 4-5 days .

I would leave in the refrigerator enough for two days. I would then divide the rest up into meal size (maybe one pound packages) place these in the freezer and you can use these packages for up to several months. When you want to prepare them just throw in microwave for quick use. Never leave food in the Crock pot and the refrigerated food is limited time.

Back
Top Bottom