"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaylady View Post
I don't really like brining because I don't like sugar on my food so I will have to figure out some other way.

You don't have to put sugar in your brine. It will work just fine with only salt. But I always add some herbs too. The first time I did a turkey in brine I used only salt and it was great.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Stuffed Roasted Pork Loin - chopped mushrooms & onions sautéed in EVOO till soft, frozen chopped spinach thawed & squeezed dry added to pan, seasoned with sea salt, ground peppercorns & thyme. Butterflied pork loin spread with the spinach mixture, rolled & tied seared in pan then roasted in a 350F oven till internal temp is 160°F, about 23 - 25 minutes per lb.

That hurts, really bad!(my stomach) That looks fantastic! Nice job and great pix!!!

I'm hungry now!

Old 01-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAL View Post
That hurts, really bad!(my stomach) That looks fantastic! Nice job and great pix!!!

I'm hungry now!
Sorry and thank you!!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
We generally slice a loin into thick cut chops and freeze them for later use. I really want to try that tip about salt, pepper and garlic powder on one side and salt, papper, and turmeric on the other......now where did I put that post???
I do not like pork chops but I do like pork roast so I may just cut it in half and freeze the other half to make a roast at another time.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Stuffed Roasted Pork Loin - chopped mushrooms & onions sautéed in EVOO till soft, frozen chopped spinach thawed & squeezed dry added to pan, seasoned with sea salt, ground peppercorns & thyme. Butterflied pork loin spread with the spinach mixture, rolled & tied seared in pan then roasted in a 350F oven till internal temp is 160°F, about 23 - 25 minutes per lb.

That looks mouthwatering!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
That looks mouthwatering!
Thank you. That was a 1/3 of a whole pork loin. I bought it on sale. I cut it into 1/3's - 1 was cut into chops, 1 left whole to be roasted and the last one I stuffed and rolled.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Thank you. That was a 1/3 of a whole pork loin. I bought it on sale. I cut it into 1/3's - 1 was cut into chops, 1 left whole to be roasted and the last one I stuffed and rolled.
About how many lbs was that one pictured? Also, how did you cook the potatoes, how long in the oven and did you par boil them?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
I do not like pork chops but I do like pork roast so I may just cut it in half and freeze the other half to make a roast at another time.
Looking at the roast I don't think it is big enough to cut in half and get a large enough roast each time. I was thinking if I should just cook the whole thing and freeze leftovers?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
About how many lbs was that one pictured? Also, how did you cook the potatoes, how long in the oven and did you par boil them?
I don't remember exactly but I'd say around 1-1/2 - 2 lbs.

Raw washed and cut up Red potatoes, Yukon potatoes & onions tossed in EVOO, rosemary, paprika, sea salt, ground peppercorns and roasted in the pan with the pork loin.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Quote:
I don't remember exactly but I'd say around 1-1/2 - 2 lbs.

Raw washed and cut up Red potatoes, Yukon potatoes & onions tossed in EVOO, rosemary, paprika, sea salt, ground peppercorns and roasted in the pan with the pork loin.
Thanks a lot! Those potatoes look mighty tasty. I will be putting potatoes in too.

If yours was 2 lbs or less then I guess I can cut mine in half since it is 5 lbs total.

Tags
cook, pork