Hungarian Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I picked this up at a meat shop the other day. It came shrink wrapped looking like it was well smoked and covered in Paprika. I took a small nibble and found that it hasn't been salted at all. After checking it out on line for its origins, I came up with this .Szalonna (bacon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm going to fry it up crispy tonight and use it with Ceasar salad. I have left half of it in the fridge. Not sure I am going to melt the fat on bread, as suggested, but I will use it with some other meat dish like one would use pork belly or pancetta....

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I saw an episode of DDD the other day with a pork belly sliced then deep fried for a minute. Made an awesome sandwich the grilled it on a pannini press. It had a homemade aioli and some greens if i remember. Looked tasty. I would love to find some good Deli like you have there, but since the recession started nobody around here carries anything except some vacu packed stuff at Costco.

Oh yes! I know of this! This is very good bacon. Mamma puts it on her handmade pizza. She also seasons her lentil soup with it, she makes bacon, tomato, Swiss cheese and lettuce sandwiches of it, she puts it on the grilled hamburgers, seasons green beans with it, and uses it in salads and of course in breakfasts with toast and jam.

You will like this very much!

Oh just to see it makes me miss my Mamma and her kitchen so much.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom