I am looking for some bacon Ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callmaker60

Senior Cook
I have used bacon in baked beans, meat loaf, choclate brownies, with steak, cresent roll hot dogs, and just fried bacon. I have a grandson that just loves the stuff, and am trying to figure out some unique way to use bacon and surprise him...

Last edited:
I would go with bacon wrapped pretzel rods or bread sticks.

If you give it a google you will find many variations sweet/hot, with grated parm cheese, with cayenne pepper etc. The main idea is to wrap the raw bacon around the "stick", season it and bake it until the bacon is crispy.

Sort of a manly man's Super Bowl food. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh, I had to come back and edit my post!

How about a bacon, maple walnut sundae.

Again several variations exist, how bad could it be! :yum:

Last edited:
Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cheese and grilled/smoked
Roasted bacon wrapped asparagus

39817-albums933-picture5552.jpg

As a stir stick in tomato juice? How about in potato salad, on a hamburger, stirred into waffles, crumbled over a hot fudge sundae(yum, yum, yum)? Or ask the kid to come up with ideas. He's probably full of them.

I use diced bacon to start potato soup, some chowders, greens, green beans sometimes, rotkohl, etc. It doesn't have to always be the "Star" of the dish, it can be a seasoning as well. Of course bacon grease, like schmaltz, really makes stuff fried in it taste great.

Brussels sprouts! Seriously, it's how I got my kids to enjoy them when they were little. Saute bacon, remove from fat and set aside to add back at the end. Either saute very lightly steamed sprouts, or shred them finely and saute the shreds until tender and bright green. Add back the bacon and enjoy.

At the holidays, or anytime I want a veggie dish to make a day ahead, I'll fist saute mushrooms in the bacon fat, then toss in the sprouts, add back the bacon, and season with garlic powder and tarragon. All those flavors play well together and it tastes even better the next day.

Fried cabbage & bacon. :yum:

A topping for baked taters.

Wrap shrimp in bacon and grill.

Peanut butter & bacon sandwich

Bacon goes with just about everything.

That looks strongly like some sort of Jalapeno Popper variant! :)

Jalapeno Poppers (by my favorite chef!)

Here's an idea I just dreamed up... Okay, you like bacon, you'll agree bacon will go with anything... right? :)

Cook some bacon until crisp, then while still hot and drippy, dredge in sugar... After it has cooled off, crumble it and serve it over vanilla ice cream! :D

I double dog dare you! I bet that would be goood!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see that this thread could possibly go virile! So many things to do with bacon...and so many DCers who do all kinds of things with bacon. I have a front-row seat.

LOL :)

The discussion motivated me to cook up some crispy bacon and mixed part in with my beans, sprinkled the rest over my dog's dinner. At 16 he is sometimes a bit picky about dinner but bacon always makes it more attractive to him.

How long would it keep in the refrigerator if I cooked several slices of bacon and then crumbled or chopped them up in little doggie tantalizing pieces?

LOL :)

The discussion motivated me to cook up some crispy bacon and mixed part in with my beans, sprinkled the rest over my dog's dinner. At 16 he is sometimes a bit picky about dinner but bacon always makes it more attractive to him.

How long would it keep in the refrigerator if I cooked several slices of bacon and then crumbled or chopped them up in little doggie tantalizing pieces?

I go three days in the refrigerator.

If you put it in the freezer it will thaw almost instantly. I use frozen cooked bacon on burgers and salads, I suppose you could use it on a dog! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom