I got BACON!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am so blazing green with envy with your bacon gift!! does a bacon package like that really come Every month??? you must be in hog heaven right about now, frank...i see you have lots of ideas for how to use that bacon from other well-wishers and jealous dcers like me. i just want to add a reminder for you to try making some of that bacon jam that dawg made a while back. (check it out in that very interesting bacon thread) i see where dawg even saw fit to be dragging a small pot of her bacon jam to her vacation in mexico....yes, bacon jam is a must-do (imo) for anyone with an ample supply of good bacon....:)

i am so blazing green with envy with your bacon gift!! does a bacon package like that really come Every month??? you must be in hog heaven right about now, frank...i see you have lots of ideas for how to use that bacon from other well-wishers and jealous dcers like me. i just want to add a reminder for you to try making some of that bacon jam that dawg made a while back. (check it out in that very interesting bacon thread) i see where dawg even saw fit to be dragging a small pot of her bacon jam to her vacation in mexico....yes, bacon jam is a must-do (imo) for anyone with an ample supply of good bacon....:)

As I understand it I should receive this every other month, but the details are, at times, a bit sketchy.

Kathleen is supposed to call them and get a delivery schedule so I know how to pace myself...

We were discussing the bacon jam during dinner and I have approved Kathleen for using one of the end/pieces bags (1Lb) for making the jam.

Vit, though I wanted every other month, based on what was sent this time, I think it will come every third or fourth month. I need to call. If it is every other month, we are going to drown in bacon!

There were several Bacon of the Month clubs that I considered. Most had products that I did not think Frank would enjoy as much. So I went to the sources of those I felt he would enjoy.

Last edited:
Should I PM you my snail addy, PLEASE!!!! You can ship the excess bacon to me in MN in February. I'll deal with getting it across the border....or maybe I could just convince Kathleen to come and live in Canada?

Hey, it's winter time. Have her skate it across the lake. Is there a line across the ice for the border? :ohmy:

Vit, though I wanted every other month, based on what was sent this time, I think it will come every third or fourth month. I need to call. If it is every other month, we are going to drown in bacon!

There were several Bacon of the Month clubs that I considered. Most had products that I did not think Frank would enjoy as much. So I went to the sources of those I felt he would enjoy.

you sure hit on a winner with your bacon gift, kathleen!! with the bacon largesse we see pictured, the ideal thing would be a flexible schedule. and of course you needn't worry about spoilage. as you can easily see, your bacon club shipment has stimulated a lot of interest and appetites among our dc members. i hope you will be updating this thread with future bacon experiences and adventures of yours....:pig::pig::pig:

I haven't tried a recipe kathleen, I am not much of a baker but these look good Maple Bacon Cupcake Recipe or Maple Bacon Cupcakes Recipe | MyRecipes.com I bought a friend a bacon pack once and used this website Bacon Freak - Gourmet Bacon, Gifts, Snacks, Clothing & Fun. they seemed to enjoy it.

Oh, those look SO good. Thank you! BTW, Bacon Freak had one of the Bacon of the Month clubs that I considered using.

you sure hit on a winner with your bacon gift, kathleen!! with the bacon largesse we see pictured, the ideal thing would be a flexible schedule. and of course you needn't worry about spoilage. as you can easily see, your bacon club shipment has stimulated a lot of interest and appetites among our dc members. i hope you will be updating this thread with future bacon experiences and adventures of yours....:pig::pig::pig:

Thanks, Vit! I had fun planning it. :)

Oh, those look SO good. Thank you! BTW, Bacon Freak had one of the Bacon of the Month clubs that I considered using.

Thanks, Vit! I had fun planning it. :)

I'm considering making some this weekend, they do look good and I love salty/ sweet mixed.

Do I see a "Bacon Chronicles" in the making? I wonder how bacon goes with chicken? :pig:

We tried the maplewood smoked this morning on breakfast sandwiches.

Seemed less salty than the hickory smoked from the other day. Very nice it was.

I love bacon. But for the most part have given it up do to the fall bladder problem. I have really tried to cut back on my fat intake. When I had my gall bladder attack last year, the doctors told me that 95% of all gall bladder attacks are caused by people who have just eaten Chinese food. They cook almost all their food in fat. And I had just eaten some fried rice. Right now, even though I am not hungry, I would love a BLT. :yum:

Have you tried bacon wrapped dates? They have become my new go to treat for special occaisions. Easy yet unusual, at least around here and just oh so yummy.

Back
Top Bottom