I think I ruined the Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharon B

Assistant Cook
Hubby was in the city last week and bought a couple of pork tenderloins stuffed with asparagus and feta cheese. So, I throw them in the freezer.
This morning, I was talking with my neighbor and she said that because of the fresh asparagus and feta, I shouldn't have frozen them. She said they won't cook properly now because vegetables have to be blanched before they can be frozen.
Please tell me I didn't ruin these by freezing them.:mad:

Hi, Sharon. Welcome to DiscussCooking :)

I don't agree with your neighbor about blanching asparagus, and I think if you roast or grill the tenderloins, the filling will cook fine. Some veggies need to be blanched for some purposes, but I don't think this is one of them.

Hubby was in the city last week and bought a couple of pork tenderloins stuffed with asparagus and feta cheese. So, I throw them in the freezer.
This morning, I was talking with my neighbor and she said that because of the fresh asparagus and feta, I shouldn't have frozen them. She said they won't cook properly now because vegetables have to be blanched before they can be frozen.
Please tell me I didn't ruin these by freezing them.:mad:

Vegetables don't have to be blanched before they are frozen.

But if you are serving them as a side dish of vegetables they are better blanched.

Here they are mixed with cheese inside a pork tenderloin. The only thing that can possible go wrong is if you prefer your pork rare: then the asparagus might not fully cook.

The only place I have seen that says vegetables must be blanched is with food savers. Unblanched they can continue to off gas (ever so slowly) and your package could puff up. At least that's what they say, not sure I have ever actually blanched before vacuuming and never seen puffy packages.

The only place I have seen that says vegetables must be blanched is with food savers. Unblanched they can continue to off gas (ever so slowly) and your package could puff up. At least that's what they say, not sure I have ever actually blanched before vacuuming and never seen puffy packages.

If you're going to freeze items like green beans, peas, carrots, etc., it's recommended that they be blanched and then thoroughly dried before freezing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom