ISO a Fresh Pork Tenderloin Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EcoGal

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

I'm looking for a fresh, springtime way to prepare a pork tenderloin. Something a little lighter, maybe with some fruit or spring veggies.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?:chef:

Many thanks!

EcoGal

Here's a dish that's light and is fairly easy to make.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with a Fennel and Green Apple Salad and Spiced Port Reduction

Yield: 6 Servings

Ingredients:
For the pork:
4 lbs. Pork Tenderloin
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
3 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
Kosher Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper

For the salad:
2 cups Granny Smith Apples, cut into 1/2" dice
1 cup Baby Fennel, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Chives, cut into 1" pieces
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

For the Port Reduction:
1 1/2 cups Ruby Port
1/2 cup Red Wine
1/4 cup Raspberry Vinegar
1/2 cup Sugar
6 ea. Cloves
1 ea. Cinnamon Stick
10 ea. Fennel Seeds
10 ea. Coriander Seeds
2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
Kosher Salt to taste

Method:

For the pork:
Combine all of the ingredients except for the salt and pepper in a ziplock bag or marinating dish. Let the tenderloin marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 3-4 Tbsp. of fresh olive oil in a large skillet until smoking. Liberally season the tenderloin with kosher salt and pepper. Sear the pork on all sides until golden brown (be sure to NOT move the pork for at least 1-2 minutes per side after it is given contact with the pan or else you won't get any browning). Transfer the pork to a roasting pan or baking sheet and cook until the internal temp. is 150 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.

For the salad:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples, fennel, chives, olive oil, and lemon. Toss until mixed well. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.

For the port reduction:
In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except for the butter and salt (you can bundle the spices up in cheesecloth if you wish as it makes it easier to remove). Bring to a boil and then gently reduce by 2/3 to 3/4. The sauce should be fairly thick and easily coat the back of a spoon. Remove the spices, and off the heat, whisk in the butter. Season to taste with salt and keep warm.

EcoGal....

Explore all of the possibilities of Shish-K-Bobs...Tender loin with, pineapple, and fresh veggies...or with fresh apple chunks and veggies...you are only limited by your imagination.....

Have fun and Enjoy!

might i suggest jamaican jerk marinade
grill it and serve with either a mango or pineapple chutney, fried plantains and jasmine rice

Pork Tenderloin with Plum Salsa
(From the Better Homes and Gardens, New Dieter's Cookbook)

1 12oz Pork Tenderloin
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic minced
3 fresh plums, pitted and chopped
3 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp sugar
1 pickled or fresh jalapeno pepper (seeded)
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated ginger

Brush tenderloin with oil and season with salt or pepper. Grill on BBQ or roast in oven, until desired doneness.

For salsa, combine plums, orange juice, sugar, jalapeno, lemon juice and ginger. Pulse in food processor until chopped into small pieces. Cook salsa over medium heat until heated through.

Serve salsa alongside sliced tenderloin.

I like to grill the tenderloin, after rubbing w/evool, s/p and garlic powder- grilling 10 mins all four sides on med. hi heat. Also grilling fresh asparagus with it.

here's a tasty idea - you can either roast in oven or grill the pork.

PORK TENDERLOIN CUBANO
Serving Size : 4

1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. dark rum
1/2 medium onion -- thinly sliced
3 each garlic clove -- minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. grd. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 each bay leaf -- crumbled
1/4 tsp. grd. black pepper
2 12 oz. each pork tenderloin
Orange slices
Fresh cilantro sprigs

Mix first 10 ingred. (o.j. --> blk. pepper) in lg. resealable plastic bag.

Add pork to marinde, turn, close.
Refrig. overnite, turning pork once.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Transfer pork to baking pan; discard marinade.
Roast till ~150 degrees - about 25 min.

Let pork stand 5 min; cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices.
Arrange on platter. Garnish w/orange slices and cilantro springs.

Last night I roasted a pork tenderloin which I had rubbed with sweet curry powder the night before.

Wow! These are some great ideas. I'm going to be fixing pork til the cows come home (then I'll be fixing beef) :) Sorry, bad joke.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

Here's my contribution again. I ordered pork loin in five spice sauce at a very expensive restaurant one of my clients took me to, and I am glad they were paying because it was horrible! The sauce was outrageously sweet and the meat was very fatty. I went home determined I could do a better job, and I really did!

Chinese Dragon

3 ½ to 5 pound boneless dragon loin (you can substitute pork loin , but your guests will know the difference)

½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper

Marinade:
½ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbs tomato paste

1 Tbs Chili Garlic sauce
2 Tbs rice vinegar
2 Tbs firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tbs grated ginger
2 tsp five-spice powder

Garnish:
1 small green mango
½ cup crushed pineapple
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbs Pineapple vinegar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
½ small red bell pepper, julienned
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped dry roasted unsalted peanuts

1. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and five-spice in a medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; allow marinade to cool.

2. Trim excess fat from loin, season with salt and pepper. Then place in a large plastic bag. When marinade has cooled, pour into plastic bag, squeeze out any excess air, and close with a twist tie. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight), refrigerated.

3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the loin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cook for 20 to 30 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature is 160°F. Allow loin to rest for 10 to 15 minutes, covered with foil, before slicing.

4. Slice thin and serve garnished with mango, pineapple, scallions, bell pepper, and peanuts

My favorite way to cook a pork tenderloin is still to roast it whole. I like to give it a really basic dry rub of coarse salt and pepper melange, and cook it to medium. It hols onto all of its moisture that way, and you can use it with a variety of sides and sauces, both heavy and light.

EcoGal said:
Caine - Where do you find pineapple vingear?

Believe it or not, I get it at the 99¢ Only store, where I also buy my rice wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauces of all kinds, and even regular and dark soy sauces, because I can buy them in small bottles and not have to worry about throwing too much away when they get skanky.

I prefer a very simple approach. I just brine pork tenders for an hour or two, then take them out of the brine, dry them off, season to taste with Montreal Steak seasoning, and grill until done, usually about 20 minutes. Let them rest, then slice into medallions and serve.

However, I really like Uncle Bob's kabob idea. I may do that the next time I get some pork tenders.

Parmigiano Reggiano BBQ Pork Tenderloin

Has anyone ever had BBQ Parmigiano Reggiano Pork Tenderloin before?
I had it once at a Brazilian steakhouse in Niagara Falls and it was amazingly delicious.

Revenge Salad is a dish best served cold. :mad:

could you guesstimate a recipe dom?

it sounds good.

i've made brasciole out of tenderloins that were sliced and pounded for scallopini, but i found it tender but too dry. not enough fat.

i just had some leftover grilled pork tenderloin medallions in a leftover thick, rich tomato sauce with lots of oregano and bay (cleaning out the freezer to make room for this years crops). topped with locatelli, it was very tasty.

That tomato sauce pork tender sounds nice!

It must have been very simple. Cooked like a regular picanha (bbq meat on a spit alla Brazilian style) and then (I'm guessing) doused just before done with fresh Parmagiano.
Give it a try. Sea salt and parmegiano....go nuts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom