ISO a recipe for homemade pork broth/stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcus

Cook
I bought pork broth at my local Chinese restaurant to make my pork pot pie, for which there is already a thread for. Has anybody ever heard of canned pork broth or stock and where to find it if it exists? I have an idea of how to make homeade pork broth or stock already.

Marcus said:
I bought pork broth at my local Chinese restaurant to make my pork pot pie, for which there is already a thread for. Has anybody ever heard of canned pork broth or stock and where to find it if it exists? I have an idea of how to make homeade pork broth or stock already.

I've never seen or heard of pork broth in canned, cube, or powdered form. It probably has a lot to do with demand as it's just not economical for a company like say, Swanson, to mass produce since it is very rarely called for in cooking. Best bet is to make a big batch of homemade pork stock then freeze it in small batches.

Marcus....

All you need is some pork bones/meat, water, and maybe some of the same spices/herbs that you use in your pork pot pie. Or speices/herbs that would compliment them. Cover and simmer for a couple of hours or so.

You could use "pork steaks" or any other inexpensive cuts. Or maybe bone out some pork chops and use the bones and residual meat/fat left on the bones. Hope this gives you some ideas.......

Enjoy!!

I make three kinds of stock for home use. Chicken, Beef, and Seafood. One the rare ocassion that I need pork stock, I just mix equal parts Chicken and Beef stock together.

Back
Top Bottom