ISO advice on pork tenderloin cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I have a pre-seasoned pork tenderloin, about 1.5lbs that is in a peppercorn marinade (pre-packaged and ready to cook).

I'm looking for instructions for the best way to cook this hunk...

Crock pot (how long, what setting)
Oven (what method, how long, what temp)

Thanks!

Pork tenderloin is a lean and tender cut. You should treat it like a good steak. Grill it or roast it at a high temp such as 400F. Cook it to an internal temperature of about 145-150F

Miss Angie, I'm cooking a couple of pork tenderloins today myself. I will use a cast iron skillet that has gotten very hot. I will brown them well on all sides. Then go straight into the oven (375-400*) in the same pan until they reach the 145-150* range. This will happen very quickly! So whatever you do, Hot, Fast, and don't over cook. Save the Crock pot for cuts that need slow cooking!

Have Fun & Enjoy!

you can also slice it into medallions and pan sear them. quite nice and doesn't heat upthe house with the oven.

Thanks guys. If oven roasting, how about adding taters and such to it?

Thanks guys. If oven roasting, how about adding taters and such to it?

I've cooked them together with no problem. But I put it on a low setting (200 - 250) and let them cook for an hour and a half. I check on it every 30 minutes or so to bast it with seasonings etc.. Comes out tender and juicy. Do make sure your taters are cut into small chunks or sliced thin though.

I cooked the same tenderloin last night, except mine was lemon and garlic. As everyone else said, cook it hot and fast. I grilled mine. About 6 minutes for “top” and “bottom” sides, and 2 minutes on the side walls for some color. Just watch the internal temp and shoot for 145˚ (F) then take it off and let it rest for 5 or so minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom