ISO Andouille and Tasso Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I want to place an order with Cajun Grocer for some tasso and andouille as I have a craving for some jambalaya, gumbo, etc.

I notice that there are several different brands and would like recommendations on which are the best and most authentic.

Tasso: Richard's, Savoie and Poche

Andouille: Comeaux, Poche, Richard's, Savoie

I plan to buy the pork version of these items. Please share your expertise.

Thanks.

Andy - I wish I could help you on brands but I have never seen any of those around here. When you get it though I have an alfredo/andouille/smoked scallop recipe for you and a really good shrimp and grits with andouille if you are interested in either one.

Andy - I wish I could help you on brands but I have never seen any of those around here. When you get it though I have an alfredo/andouille/smoked scallop recipe for you and a really good shrimp and grits with andouille if you are interested in either one.

Actually, both sound good! Once I get the stuff, I'm going to work at getting SO to really appreciate the stuff so we can have it more often.

I want to place an order with Cajun Grocer for some tasso and andouille as I have a craving for some jambalaya, gumbo, etc.

I notice that there are several different brands and would like recommendations on which are the best and most authentic.

Tasso: Richard's, Savoie and Poche

Andouille: Comeaux, Poche, Richard's, Savoie

I plan to buy the pork version of these items. Please share your expertise.

Thanks.

Andy...

Savoie would be on the bottom of my list.
Cameaux is good, last time I tried the andouille...never had their tasso
Never had any Poche Products
Had Richards once..but so long ago I can't really comment. I don't recall anything bad about it.
Jacob's & Bailey's are my go to spots in LaPlace La. I know you don't really care for Jacob's Andouille, but you might try their tasso. Bailey's which I personally give an slight edge over Jacob's andouille does not ship.

Maybe try all three...I just can't recommend Savoie Products!

Hope this helps!

Andy...

Savoie would be on the bottom of my list.
Cameaux is good, last time I tried the andouille...never had their tasso
Never had any Poche Products
Had Richards once..but so long ago I can't really comment. I don't recall anything bad about it.
Jacob's & Bailey's are my go to spots in LaPlace La. I know you don't really care for Jacob's Andouille, but you might try their tasso. Bailey's which I personally give an slight edge over Jacob's andouille does not ship.

Maybe try all three...I just can't recommend Savoie Products!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the recommendations, Bob. I liked Jacob's tasso last time I bought it. It was just the andouille I didn't care for.

Thanks for the recommendations, Bob. I liked Jacob's tasso last time I bought it. It was just the andouille I didn't care for.

You are Welcome! I remember you didn't care for Jacob's andouille. I really like Bailey's (right next door to Jacob's) a little better myself. Oh, I think Emeril has used Comeaux's products... whatever that is worth. With product placement, name dropping etc, one never knows.:ermm:

I would check with each company to see if buying/ordering direct would be cheaper. Probably not due to shipping. It may be cheaper to go through just one dealer. Worth checking on for sure.

Back
Top Bottom