ISO brats help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in brat-land (I'm w/i spitting distance of Wisconsin, land of the brats as America knows them) everyone I know steams them in beer, then finishes them on the grill. I grew up part of my life in Germany, and there, if I'm remembering correctly, they were always simply steamed.
Thans Claire, I was totally in the dark about how to fix them.
kadesma:)

the weekend is over, but yes I simmer in beer (for flavor and for cooking) and then brown them on the grill. I do that for any uncooked sausage in a casing, (simmer first then grill),some hot dogs included.

the weekend is over, but yes I simmer in beer (for flavor and for cooking) and then brown them on the grill. I do that for any uncooked sausage in a casing, (simmer first then grill),some hot dogs included.
Thanks Robo, I fixed that way and there waasn't one left.
kades:)

My method I always have some left, of course that is planned in. :)
I like FrankZ way of doing it, except for the strongbow of course. I build fire on either side of the grill, including some good smokey maple or apple wood. I place a drip pan with apple juice between the two beds of charcoal and place the brats over the drip pan. I cover the Webber Kettle and adjust all vents to half closed and Q 'em for about seven minutes or so. I flip them, cover and cook for another seven minutes. Then I test one for temperature. This gives my brats a decidedly smokey flavor that everyone loves (at least at my house). Sometimes, but not often, I'll brush a honey glaze over them, just to add that something special. Serve 'em up hot and juicy. If you do them right, you can make everyone howl like wolves to get them. If they don't howl, you don't serve them, and you get them all.:ohmy::mrgreen::LOL:

Um, what's wrong with that?:angel:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom