ISO ideas for using Mexican chorizo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie, you could use beef and all the chorizo seasonings to get a close substitute.

Yes, it is a good idea, Andy. I thought about that too,even went on Internet to look up what spices to use, but did not have enough time to really find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Or turkey, even chicken but I think turkey would be a better choice, as long as Charlie doesn't belong to one of the small groups that apparently don't consider turkey kosher.

Yes, I do eat turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

GG, I posted this on the dinner thread too but I wanted to be sure you see it...

I had one of the most delicious hamburgers I've ever eaten. The meat patty was 60% beef chuck and 40% chorizo. It was on a chibatta bun with jack cheese, red onion, and avocado.
I never would have thought of doing that but it was a spectacular combo for a hamburger. I'll sure be doing that at home sometime.

GG, I posted this on the dinner thread too but I wanted to be sure you see it...

I had one of the most delicious hamburgers I've ever eaten. The meat patty was 60% beef chuck and 40% chorizo. It was on a chibatta bun with jack cheese, red onion, and avocado.
I never would have thought of doing that but it was a spectacular combo for a hamburger. I'll sure be doing that at home sometime.

Oh, I am so going to make those burgers. I love ciabatta bread and those fixin's, but have never had them with chorizo mixed in with the beef. That's gotta be over the top good. :yum:

Wonderful Kayelle!..I'll be making those. Will have to make my own chorizo, as I have not been able to find any around here.

You can do the same thing with fresh bulk Andouille (raw, unsmoked). Makes a good Cajun burger.

What's the difference between Mexican Chorizo and Louisiana Andouille sausage?

Wonderful Kayelle!..I'll be making those. Will have to make my own chorizo, as I have not been able to find any around here.

Not too surprised. I know when I lived in Montana, there was very little in the way of any kind of ethnic foods available. Even Taco Bell didn't exist yet (not even a McDonald's in Great Falls until after I left in 1973). We had one little restaurant called The Treat that had great tacos - the only Mexican food in town. But finding any kind of sausage other than breakfast sausage or hot dogs in the grocery store was unlikely.

Such foods are mostly hit and miss around here too. Since our only real supermarket is Walmart, we are captive to to the mostly workaday products they carry. I usually try to stock up on my occasional trips down to Denver.

Not too surprised. I know when I lived in Montana, there was very little in the way of any kind of ethnic foods available. Even Taco Bell didn't exist yet (not even a McDonald's in Great Falls until after I left in 1973). We had one little restaurant called The Treat that had great tacos - the only Mexican food in town. But finding any kind of sausage other than breakfast sausage or hot dogs in the grocery store was unlikely.

Such foods are mostly hit and miss around here too. Since our only real supermarket is Walmart, we are captive to to the mostly workaday products they carry. I usually try to stock up on my occasional trips down to Denver.

I am just up the road from you now, Rick. We are now in Torrington, Wy, north of Cheyenne. Larger Hispanic community than in Montana, so I am hopeful to find a better selection.

The important thing is, do you have a Costco within a two hour drive? Withdrawals could be an issue.

The important thing is, do you have a Costco within a two hour drive? Withdrawals could be an issue.

Yes, there is a Costco in Fort Collins, not an everyday run, but can do it once a month. There is also a World Market and a Pet Smart. Walmart in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.

Back
Top Bottom