ISO ideas using pork patties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gillettepa

Assistant Cook
Someone gave me a ton of precooked pork patties(not sausage)-anyone have any idea what I can do with them?

Pork cutlet Parmesan
Pork cutlet Piccata
Pork Schnitzel
Pork sandwich
Smothered in gravy and mushrooms.
Topped with tomato,avacado and swiss the broiled.
Mexican style with onions and peppers.

I buy the cheapest ground sausage I can find and cut them into thirds. I add the meat to hamburger for extra flavor, so even though yours are already cooked, I would use them the same way.

You can chop them and add to hamburger in meatloaf, spaghetti, chili, tacos, anywhere you use hamburger.

They could also be chopped up and added to a white sauce gravy for sausage gravy and served over toast points or biscuits. Cut into pieces and add to omelet or fritata.

Whole you can make breakfast sandwiches, sausage and egg on English muffins, sausage biscuits, with or without eggs. On a croissant.

I'd love to have your dilemma.:chef:

Last edited:
Stepping waaay out of my comfort zone here but lots of pork patties require lots of creativity.

Hawaiian style pork pattie stir fry (fair warning; I just made this up):

Sizzle up some onions, green peppers, pork pattie pieces, garlic, ginger and water chestnuts (canned, sliced).

Make a sauce of soy, a little pineapple juice, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Add some corn starch (stir it together in a glass).

Add to stir fry after other ingrediants are cooked and stir till sauce thickens. Add almond slivers, snow peas and pineapple and serve with rice.

Oh, dear, shades of the year my mom got a huge box of chicken patties and we ate them every which way.

I assume they're ground or cubed and breaded?

Use them as the meat in almost any schnitzel-type dish. (veal Oscar, viener snitzel, jaeger schnitzel, etc).

Slice thinly and use in a stir fry.

Midwestern-style, on a bun like a hamburger.

We had so many of the darned things that Mom finally threw up her hands and threw them in a meat grinder, added mayo, pickles, onions, etc and turned them into a sandwich spread.

Layer in a baking dish with cheese (mozerella, parm) and tomato sauce, and bake until warm.

Thinly sliced or chopped up, they can be the meat in any casserole dish.

Back
Top Bottom