ISO Leftover Pork Butt Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could make nachos, or use it in a Mexican-style lasagna casserole, layering tortillas with meat and shredded cheddar cheese.

With the portion that was not combined with bbq sauce, you could make chile verde. Since it's already cooked, you could modify this recipe: Recipes : Pork Chile Verde : Food Network

You can use chile verde in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc.

The bbq sauce won't hurt anything you make out of the leftover pulled pork.

In addition to the above suggestions:

BBQ pork and baked beans (add onion and green pepper, too)

BBQ pork pizza

Posole (my favorite)

There are a bunch of pulled pork casserole ideas out there, using cornbread topping, too.

Lee

In addition to some of the great suggestions above, we use the leftovers to make an Egg-Foo-Young.. Pretty good stuff...

Lots of options it looks like.
-Brad

I agree with all of the above suggestions. They all sound like winners!!!!

The best suggestion I have is to let people put their own BBQ sauce on - that way you have a lot of the plain left over.

I bet BBQ pork cooked as a middle layer in potatoes dauphinois would be good!!!

Last edited:
Quesadillas
Nachos
Burritos
Enchiladas
reheat as is and make more sandwiches out of it (my kids go nuts on that one)
Fajitas

and the list goes on, and on, and on

Can you tell I'm on a Mexican kick right now?

candelbc said:
In addition to some of the great suggestions above, we use the leftovers to make an Egg-Foo-Young.. Pretty good stuff...

Lots of options it looks like.
-Brad

Brad, would you please post your recipe for Egg Foo Yung?

Lee

Sure, it's not really my recipe.. But I'd be happy to share the link I use when I am craving the Foo-Yung.

For me it's as much about the gravy as it is the egg.

I just basically make an omlet to my liking and then follow this great gravy recipe.

Egg Foo Yung II - Allrecipes

-Brad

i have made mexican many times with left over pulled pork that
have b-b-q sauce mixed with it. the sauce seems to add a bit
of sweetness when paired up with spicy. yum

i too freeze it and save it for another b-b-q dinner.

For the stuff naked of bbq sauce, try making a spaghetti/tomato sauce.

Take the butt and sear it in a frying pan. Start making a tomato sauce (we usually used canned tomatoes) and the usual ingredients you use.

When it starts to simmer toss in the butt. When it is done you can either keep the meat on the bone or remove it from the bone.

You have one heck of a tomato sauce.

And some swell meat.

Depending upon how you doo it you may have a piece of pork you can eat separately from the sauce, or it may be in pieces and part of the sauce.

Make pasta, lasagna, you name it, use on sausaage and pepper subs, as sauce for meat ball heroes, any way you would use such a sauce. It is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom