ISO of Leftover Pork Loin Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dancer in the kitchen

Senior Cook
Any one have any ideas on how to transform leftover pork loin into a tasty dinner? I've tried to have the leftovers in the past & it came out dry. I cooked it a few nights ago in a rotisserie w/dijon, rosemary, garlic & EVOO. Really good the first time around, but I always have so much leftover.

I'm open! :)

1 lb. pork roast or tenderloin, cooked
1 (10 oz.) bag European Salad Mix
2 cups cubed fresh pineapple and mangos
1/2 cup chopped, toasted macadamia nuts
1/3 cup prepared raspberry walnut vinaigrette

Cooking Directions
Slice pork into long strips. Place salad greens on 4 dinner plates. Top with pork slices, pineapple, mangos and macadamia nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.

make a savory pork pie, carrots, onions potatoes, make a gravy from broth, and drippings or gravy left over etc. thyme, parsley... put a single cheddar cheese crust (bisquick or homemade or store bought) on top. bake 350* for 45 to 50 min till bubbly...serve with a salad really good and not dry

Cuban sandwiches.

Crusty bread such as a baguette, roast pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickles and a mayo/mustard mix. Toast the assembled sandwich on a paninni press.

Slice the pork thin and slowly reheat in gravy, then pour that mixture over bread of your choice (an open-faced sandwich).

We often slice it thin and put in a pan with BBQ sauce (Maul's is good for this) and a little water. Let it simmer for a while, then dish up on a bun and serve with slaw on the side.

It's also good mixed in with a boxed rice dish (Rice-a-roni, Old Ben's, what have you). Prepare the rice, then add chopped pork when you add the liquid to the the pan. Also add a can of drained shrooms, baby carrots, chopped red peppers, frozen peas, stir-fry vegetables...whatever sounds good to you.

Or use it to make pork fajitas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Some great ideas! Especially the sandwiches. Normally I only cook enough pork loin for one sitting. Now, next time, I believe I will crfeate some left overs!!!

I usually cube mine up and simmer in can of chop suey vegetables, then thicken with a flour or cornstarch slurry and serve over rice, w/a sprinkle of canned rice noodles and soy . One of my fav's since childhood.

Last edited:
I usually cube mine up and simmer in can of chop suey vegetables, till fork tender,then thicken with a flour or cornstarch slurry and serve over rice, w/a sprinkle of canned rice noodles and soy . One of my fav's since childhood.

I was gonna say that! ;) My mom used to do the same thing - make a large pork roast one night and pork chop suey the next. I loved it.

One of my favorite ways to use left over pork is to make quesadillas.

Onion, chopped in food processor
Pork, roughly ground in food processor
Grated cheese - I use co-jack
Hot sauce - I actually use the taco bell packets :innocent:

Mix in a bowl.

There's no specific recipe because I usually don't have the same amount left over each time. I just go for what looks and tastes right to me - a cheesey meaty mixture seasoned with onion and hot sauce.

Pan spray a baking sheet, spread out some smaller sized flour tortillas and scoop about a 1/3 of a cup of the meat/cheese mixture. Spread out with fork into a thin layer. (You don't want it to be too full or else they'll fall apart when you go to eat them.) Sprinkle with a little bit more grated cheese and top with another tortilla. Lightly spray the top tortillas with span spray. Bake 350, 8-10 minutes. Finish under the broiler to toast lightly if you'd like them a bit crisper. Using a pizza cutter, cut each round into 6 triangles.

They are good dipped in sour cream, guacamole and salsa. :)

Another vote for either hot pork sandwiches (gravy etc) or the cuban sandwiches. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

the joy of a roast is leftovers to create quick or fancy meals with. But every one can be different. Even for only two people I make a full 7lb roast chic or 3 lb meatloaf. It becomes a very economical kitchen resourse.

A simple stew to put over rice or noodles includes cooked meat from some roast (beef lamb or pork, but even chicken works) mushrooms carrots and peas, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a can of beer. you'll never know this is a canned soup recipe thanks to the beer!

I like sweet and sour pork over rice.

Mix together:
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup pineapple juice, drained from chunks
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp corn starch
Cook until thickened. Add:
2 bell peppers thinly sliced. Cook untill tender.
Add pineapple chunks and pork.

make a Curry with it, or shred it and add it to beansprouts garlic and ginger with a dash of soy sauce, and roll it in Filo pastry to make spring rolls.

Only one I haven't seen, that's cubing it up and adding the pork to home-made baked beans. Of course, I'd prefer to stirfry with fried rice, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, onion, carrot, and bok choy, with a splash of soy sauce added. But baked beans are great, especially when the weather turns a bit cold. Oh, one more thing, the pok can be chopped and used in egg or spring rolls.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

good, no one mentioned tomatoes yet.

simmer slices in an herby tomato sauce, then top with breadcrumbs and cheese for a parm style dinner.

or make a gratinata. sweat minced shallots and garlic in evoo and butter, add white wine and a little stock, add slices of pork to reheat as the liquid reduces a little. place a sage leaf or two on each slice, then top with a slice of breaded/fried zucchini or eggplant, and carefully grate some locatelli or grana padano on each, being careful not to get too much in the sauce.
cover and simmer just a minute or two more. plate the pork, reduce liquid to desired thickness for a sauce.

It all looks so good, I am going to make a huge pork roast sometime soon. I have made what a local restaurant up North used to call Pork Barbecue. It's simply left over pork roast, cubed, and heated in gravy with a little tobasco sauce. Served on a bun with diced dill pickles on top, fries on the side and more tobasco for those who like a little more heat. It was good. Haven't thought of it in years.

Back
Top Bottom