ISO oven "fried" pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have some beautiful center-cut chops that would be great fried, but I don't want the grease, so I thought I would put some kind of coating on them and do them in the oven.
Do any of you fix them this way? If so, what do you use for a coating?

Hi, Connie. I think panko bread crumbs could be a way to go. Make 'em "stick" by coating your chops with a little beaten egg (or just egg white) first.

I'm a thankin...Smush up some cracker crumbs --- saltines or Ritz or both --- mix with some flour and bread them --- Ya want need much, if any additional salt.

Enjoy!

Since the grease comes from the chops themselves, it doesn't seem to me that breading them and putting them in the oven would do anything to eliminate it. Rather, the breading will absorb the grease and you'll end up consuming more of it.

How about grilling them?

I usually rinse the chops with water and roll in Italian bread crumbs, set on a rack/sheet pan and back for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees and they turn out juicy, not greasy

Dip the pork chops in a beaten egg or ranch or italian dressing if you want some extra flavor and then dredge through some breadcrumbs and spices . Cook on a rack in a casserole dish .

I made some pork chops the other day. I heated about 2 tsp. of olive oil in a skillet, browned them well on both sides, then covered the pan and turned the heat to low till they were cooked through. Then I made a pan sauce with chicken stock, Dijon mustard and sour cream. Yummy :)

I've also broiled them till done, then served with barbecue sauce for dipping.

HTH.

:) I made some a couple of days ago I just breaded them and fried them in olive oil a lot less guilt that way

Thank you for all your suggestions. We took a little from here and a little from there.

These chops had hardly any fat on them. We ended up smooshing a package of Stove Top herb seasoned dressing mix for the coating. Kim seasoned the chops, dipped them in beaten egg/milk, then dredged in the crumbs. He baked them on a rack sitting on a baking pan at 350 until they reach an inner temp of 130 degrees, then took them out of the oven, covered loosely with foil and let them stand a few minutes.
They were outstanding...tender, moist and crunchy.
He made roasted cauliflower to go with them, which was a first for us, and we liked that too!

I faux fry a lot of foods. My favorite topping is cornflakes. It works great and gives an awesome crunch even with the most perceived greasy foods. I've done it with chicken for years and all sorts of meats.

I like your stove top idea. Sounds really good.

You could probably make them how I make fried/baked chicken - I coat them in Italian seasoned bread crumbs, then add any other seasonings I want and place them in a pan that has about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil (not sure exact amount!) on the bottom of it. Then I cover with foil and bake at 350 until done- the meat always turns out nice and juicy and it's not nearly as greasy as it is if you cook in a frying pan.

Back
Top Bottom