ISO Pork Chop Casserole - New recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
We love pork chop caserole. but are tired of the mushroom soup style, though we still love it.

any other ideas on this?

I love saurkraut, but dear spouse, not so much..

I was thinking maybe something sweet? like Hawaiin, with soy and fruit? over rice?

or maybe Spanish Style with Cumin over Spanish Rice? I have a Ton of Tomatos from the garden all ready!

Even a meaty Chineese stir fry might be nice?

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

I make a marinade with soy sauce and crushed pineapple and bake all in the oven. It's good for chicken or pork.

pork chops is such a versatile cut of meat you can do anything you can imagine with it. Just don't overcook it.

Pork chop parmesan, using chops instead of veal or chicken.

Pity your spouse doesn't like kraut. We love chops cooked with kraut, lots of sliced onions, and apples.

I made baked beans and chops yesterday. Cut chops in half or leave whole, your choice. It's ok if one piece has the bone attached. I usually use boneless loin chops I used spiffed up canned bake beans ( and added one can drained butter beans. Brown chops in a CI dutch oven, drain if necessary and layer/ bury the chops. Bake covered if not too soupy or uncovered if you like less sauce. I didn't have any bacon or I would have added some strips across the top. Good to go in about 45- to an hour.

--

Google Images for "smothered pork chops" or "pork chops in sauce" or any word combos you think of. Here's one using tomatoes ( I envy you, my plants are about 18 inches high).

Donna Deane's Pork Chops with Fresh Tomato Sauce - The Wednesday Chef

:bash: I always forget about the brining. :angel:

Brining certainly can help pork chops. On the other hand, pork chops (especially the boneless ones with no fat) cooked longer than they should be in the oven will still result in dry chops. It's a better method to quick cook brined chops in a skillet and set them aside. Any concoction you may want for a sauce can be cooked in the skillet, and poured over the perfectly cooked chops onto a platter.

Okay, pay close attention. Pork chops braised in Bush's Beans

In a large skillet, barely brown the pork chops on both sides in 2 Tbs of cooking oil and remove from the skillet. Add some chopped or sliced onions to the skillet and sauté until browned. Remove onions from skillet, drain off the oil and wipe out the skillet with paper towels. Add the pork chops and onions back into the skillet, pour a can of Bush's beans of choice (I am partial to Country Style) into the skillet, add 1 bean can of water and simmer until the sauce has become thick and rich again. Momma always said, "you will never get a dry pork chop using this recipe."

What ever happened to thin cut pork chops cooked in with scalloped potatoes?:yum:

Back
Top Bottom