ISO Pork Chop Ideas for Valentines Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuitarZen

Assistant Cook
Hello,
I realize I'm very late in the game for ideas for valentines day but I decided that I want to cook for my girlfriend rather than take her out. Her absolute favorite food is boneless pork chops. I'm in search of recipes that are easier for the cooking challenged but taste great. I'm new to cooking but I really want to make this special for her. So does anyone have any good recipes for boneless chops that I could handle? Also if anyone can recommend a wine to go with dinner that would be great also.

Thanks in advance ;)

Sear the chops, wrap them in puff pastry, cook like a Beef Wellington, serve with some gravy, mashed (my fav) potatos, asperagus and a salad!

Just find a recipe for Wellington and sub a nice pork chop. mmmm good. :)

Buy dessert from a bakery.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone! I am currently reading every single one of them as well as searching for recipes on the forums. Such a wealth of information. They all sound sooo good. The key for me is finding one I can't screw up! Keep em coming and thanks for the ideas and the warm welcome

make a brine of 1 quart H20, 1/4 cup kosher salt and 2 Tab. sugar. You can add other flavors if you wish, but do be sure to warm the H2O in order to blend and dissolve the ingredients. Allow the brine to get to room temp and brine the chops for 1 hour. Take out, rinse, pat dry and add your fav seasoning. Grill, broil or pan fry to about 135-140 degrees in center of chop. Let rest a few minutes b4 slicing. They will be do tender and juicy!

marinade the pork chops in balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sliced pears (overnight or at least 1 hour)
in a nonstick pan fry the pork on med high heat add the pears and the rest of the marinade in after you have browned the first side (the marinade will cook enough while you are browning side 2)
the balsamic and the pears make a sweet syrupy glaze/sauce for the pork

**Remember that pork does not need to be well done any more, just a slight hint of pink is perfect (moist and tasty)

I would serve this with a nice red (serving a wine that you like is the most important thing)
for sides I would roast some potatoes (if you want to be really cute you can use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make heart shaped potato pieces to roast) and steam some asparagus

Now this pork loin (easily available at a market) is just boneless pork chops that haven't been separated. This could be easily halved or used for leftovers...mmmmm:

PORK WELLINGTON

1 pork loin roast, fully cooked
2 sheets puff pastry, frozen
1 c. mushrooms, chopped
1/2 c. onions, chopped
1/2 c. parsley, chopped
2 oz. butter
1 egg, beaten
Flour, as needed
1 pinch nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste

In a frying pan heat butter and saute mushrooms, onions, and parsley with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Cook until all liquid is absorbed. Put aside to cool.
Roll out puff pastry sheets and spread mushroom mixture evenly in the center of the sheets. Place pork on top of mixture.
Gently fold the puff pastry around pork and pinch edges together to seal. Place on a baking sheet pan and brush pastry with the egg.
Bake in an oven at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. Check for color. When pastry is golden brown, it is ready to serve. Serves: 6-8.

I am thinking thick cut "stuffed" chops! Apple stuffing! I can't seem to locate the recipe...grrrrr.... but it is Celery, onion, Apples, a bread stuffing moistened with apple juice...I think some sage..Fix an apple stuffing...brown chops..stuff them and finish in the oven..with pan gravy over the top...
Pork and apples yum!
Where is that recipe????:hammer:

Uncle Bob said:
I am thinking thick cut "stuffed" chops! Apple stuffing! I can't seem to locate the recipe...grrrrr.... but it is Celery, onion, Apples, a bread stuffing moistened with apple juice...I think some sage..Fix an apple stuffing...brown chops..stuff them and finish in the oven..with pan gravy over the top...
Pork and apples yum!
Where is that recipe????:hammer:

Don't need a recipe, Uncle Bob. Just mince all the ingredients you mentioned, stuff the chops and carefully close with toothpicks, brown in cast iron pan, then finish in oven. Done deal and way good.

Half Baked said:
Kadesma, I love that recipe. I make it (similar recipe) with pork chops and cubed pork steak. It's so good. :)
Thanks Jan, I'm so glad you like it..I've never tried pork cubed steak, I bet it's are great this way.Thanks for the idea.

kadesma:)

Ok I can't find the blankety-blank recipe for the apple stuffing..Seems there may have been a glaze/finishing sauce...apple sauce, brown sugar, a hint of cinnamon and ground clove...Rats!!:mad: Oh well...just a little longer and it will be Wild Turkey season:rolleyes:

Here's an easy one for pork tenderloin that I use on boneless pork chops all the time, just reduce the cooking time.

Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

2(1 1/2 pound) pork tenerloins
1/2C. honey
2tsp. prepared mustard(I use about 4tsp.)
1/4C. brown sugar

Mix honey, mustard & brown sugar. Spread over pork & let marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Roast in 350F oven for 1 hour. 12 servings.

awwww - so many pork chop recipes and not enough pigs! This is definitely an impressive pork chop recipe. Go for the thickest bone-in you can find. I know it's late in the game since these are marinated but you really need to make them at some point in time!

Back
Top Bottom