ISO Pork Rib ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder makes a good basic sauce. You can add other stuff to it as you please. Mustard, beer, fruit preserves, hot pepper powders or hot sauce, other spices...... Slow cook your ribs in that.

Sounds easy enough and I have everything
So slow bake covered, then brown and brush under broiler?
How much of each ingredient?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Sounds easy enough and I have everything
So slow bake covered, then brown and brush under broiler?
How much of each ingredient?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Hmmm. You got me there. I'd go 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 good Tblsp brown sugar, 1 tblsp garlic powder. Mix that up in a bowl or measuring cup and taste it. You can decide if you want it sweeter, saltier, then add more ingredients accordingly....

Many of you have made some great suggestions.. Can you please let us know the temp.pf the oven you bake them in?

Hmmm. You got me there. I'd go 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 good Tblsp brown sugar, 1 tblsp garlic powder. Mix that up in a bowl or measuring cup and taste it. You can decide if you want it sweeter, saltier, then add more ingredients accordingly....

Thanks Rock. Is this an Asian flavored sauce or just a sauce? I have been using bottled BBQ sauce and meat drippings in a slow oven. I am trying to change it up.

Many of you have made some great suggestions.. Can you please let us know the temp.pf the oven you bake them in?

I have been using 250F for two hours covered in foil. Then pour drippings into a container and add whatever you want.
I brush this mixture liberally over the rack of ribs when I broil them at the very end.

Thanks Rock. Is this an Asian flavored sauce or just a sauce? I have been using bottled BBQ sauce and meat drippings in a slow oven. I am trying to change it up.

For the most part, it is just a sauce. But, if you have any ginger, 5 spice powder, sesame oil on hand, hoisin sauce, that will give it more of an Asian flavor...

.....I have been using 250F for two hours covered in foil. Then pour drippings into a container and add whatever you want.
I brush this mixture liberally over the rack of ribs when I broil them at the very end.

I've made them that way often too, it makes for some great ribs. :yum: I skim as much fat off the drippings as I can and reduce it a little, then add whatever else sounds good at the time. Now I want ribs. :LOL:

Here's a picture of one of the packages of frozen ribs we found on sale. They are far and away superior to any pork ribs I've found before. They have just enough fat, and very meaty.
img_1398195_0_4868be26b3b8ded914fc9997fe53aafc.jpg

I finally got around to cooking a package the other night in the oven. I cut them into two rib sections and marinated them overnight in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade mixed with a healthy dash of Sriracha. The boiled marinade finished them. This is also my method...
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones
.....I have been using 250F for two hours covered in foil. Then pour drippings into a container and add whatever you want.

Last edited:
Those look great. Von's/Safeway does have some great cuts of meat. :yum: We used to have one here but it went away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom