ISO Pork tenderloin recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite types of meat - I have several recipes - these are my favorites:

Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Herb Sauce

1 T vegetable oil
2 c baby carrots
1-1/2 lbs pork tenderloin medallions
2-1/2 T flour
1 T dried basil
1 T dried parsley
1/2 t ground black pepper
2 T beef bouillon
2-2/3 c light cream (heavy works fine)
1 c dry white wine (yummy, the rest is for you

Heat oil in skillet over medium, cook carrots in oil 5 minutes, stir often.
Add pork, cook until lightly brown, remove only pork and keep warm.
Combine flour, basil, parsley, pepper and bouillon - wisk in a little cream - add to the skillet. Wisk in the rest of the cream, stirring til thick.
Stir in wine, add pork back in, reduce heat to low, cover for 20 minutes, stir every once in a while.

I serve this over pasta - my family loves it.

Tangy Pork Tenderloin

2 pork tenderloins (1 lb each)
2/3 c honey
1/2 dijon mustard
1/4-1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t salt (I omit)

Combine ingredients - set aside 2/3 cup
Marinate tenderloins in the rest of the marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hrs

Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8 minutes a side or in the oven at 350 - I cook to 165 - let sit for 20 minutes and slice - heat remaining sauce and pour over - very good grilled or done in the oven!

GB:

You can also use pork tenderloin as a substitute for veal or chicken in cutlet recipes. Cut medallions and pound them thin and use them to make pork milanese, parmesan, marsala, etc.

A little late on the scene, but here's another for you, GB!:

HERB SCENTED PORK TENDERLOIN
serves 4

1 ½ lb.pork tenderloin
1 large lemon/juice and zest
2T dry white vermouth
2T olive oil
2 sprigs thyme
1 sprig rosemary
3 stalks parsley
1 minced shallot
2 cloves garlic,smashed
½ cup chicken stock
salt/pepper
4 cups baby spinach or Boston lettuce

Butterfly pork; place in a ziplock. Combine lemon juice and zest, vermouth, oil, herbs, shallot, and garlic in a bowl, and then pour over stock. Marinate at least 1 one hour or overnight.
To grill, heat coals to a gray ash; remove pork from marinade (keep marinade) and grill about 5 minutes on each side, til a thermometer reads 145-150. Set on a platter to rest.
Combine marinade and stock and any juices from the plattered pork in a 1qt. pan and boil until reduced by 1/3. Strain to remove herbs, etc.; taste and adjust seasonings.
To serve, arrange greens on plate; slice tenderloin on an angle, and arrange slices over greens. Drizzle sauce over and serve.

Hey GB, I am a lazy cook when it comes to roasts. I brine the pork and I toss a little soy sauce, garlic or some herbs into the brine and then I sprinkle the outside with cracked peppercorns and some coarse salt and roast it. I do a side dish of root veggies tossed in some balsamic vinegar, beef stock (powdered stuff), and oil and a nice spring greens salad and call it dinner.

Andy M. said:
Chinese Barbecued Pork

4 Tb Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tb Dry Sherry
2 tsp Red Food Coloring (optional)
4 Tb Hoi Sin Sauce
2 Cl Garlic, minced
2 Tb Honey
2 tsp Five Spice Powder
2 tsp Ginger, grated
2 Scallion, minced
1 Pork Tenderloin

Combine all the ingredients except the pork and mix thoroughly.

Place the marinade and the pork into a plastic food storage bag or other suitable container and marinate the meat for a couple of hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Fill a roasting pan with hot water and place a rack across the top of the pan.

Remove the meat from the marinade and place it on the rack. Reserve the marinade.

Place the pan and meat into the oven and roast for 10 minutes.

Turn the oven down to 375 F. Baste the meat with the reserved marinade and roast for 10 minutes more.

Repeat the cycle of basting every 10 minutes until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 150 -155 F. This will take approximately 40 minutes.

Times will vary based on the size of the tenderloin, how long the oven door is open each time and your oven’s recovery time.

I make this "Char Sui" chinese BBQ'd pork, too, with pork tenderloin, boneless pork loin and country style ribs. I put them on the smoker, or cook indirect on the grill, but I'll bet they are good in the oven, too. NOTE: I only take the pork to 140 degrees internal TOPS - it's done and it's a lot more moist.

This marinade gives the pork the bright red ring and the flavor you get with the pork you order on a pu-pu platter in Chinese restaurants. It's delicious!

Lee

Another easy and tasty way to cook pork tenderloin is to stuff it with a flavored bread stuffing. And a supremely easy way to get stuffing is to use a pre-made versio, such as Stove-Top.

Just slit the tenderloin lengthwise, leaving about and inch from each end uncut. Then, cook the dressing by stovtop directions and fill the cavity. Tie with butcher's twine, roll in EVOO, then sprinkle with a bit of salt and black pepper. Place in a 350' oven with a good probe type thermometer in the meat and cook to 140 degrees in the meat center.

You can also stuff with pineapple, any type of flavored, cooked rice dish, sliced apples, peach, pear, cherrys, etc.

Your tenderloin roast can alwo be cut into medallions, dipped in egg-wash, seasoned, and dipped in flour. Let rest for 3 minutes, then dip in egg-wash again, followed by dipping in seasoned bread crumbs, or panco.

You can also dice the meat, dip it in tempura batter, deep-fry, and serve with sweet and sour sauce.

This is but a scratch on the pile of recipes you could use.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Simplest thing to do with it: Coat it with Lemon Pepper and a bit of Kosher salt and cook till done. 325-350

The other thing I do, is toss it in a crock pot (not that it needs moist heat, but if ur lazy and want good pork gravy) with a TBSP or two of peanut oil (my preferred choice) a halved onion and just a little bit of water. You can season it how you want, we'll go with salt and pepper for this one (works fine). I'm not giving you a time frame, you'll know when it's done.

Remove tenderloin and onions, pour stock into a skillet and heat. Meanwhile take a jar with a lid, combine flour and water and shake till you have a nice paste. Once the stock is just starting to boil, add some "paste" and whisky.

Viola, pork tenderloin and pork gravy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom