ISO: Stuffed Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I picked up a package of center cut pork chops that were on sale for 50% off yesterday because they only had 2 days left on their sell by date. I would like to cook them for dinner tonight and an looking for a quick and easy stuffed pork chop recipe with minimal ingredients as I want this to be an inexpensive meal.

I get home from work at about 6 and would love to have dinner on the table around 7 at the latest. Any ideas what I can do?

I like to fry up a mixture of chopped apple, onion, mushroom, S&P, fresh thyme, deglaze with some wine. Makes a right tasty stuffing, Stuff the chops, brown on stove and finish in the oven.:)

That sounds delicious and I have been looking for a way to use the thyme growing in my garden. Thanks Loprraine!

Shallots, spinach, garlic, mushrooms and pine nuts or walnuts sauteed in butter. Mix in some feta and stuff.

Hmm I have some pine nuts in the freezer. Maybe I will take the pine nuts from Andys recipe and the apples, onions and other stuff from Loprraines.

I wish I liked feta more. The kind I get in the supermarket I just can't eat. I have had some at some really good Greek restaurants and that I enjoyed, but I have not found anyone around me who sells any that I enjoy.

You could sub a blue cheese or any other cheese for that matter. (or leave it out all together)

I am in the mood for stuffed pork chops too and looked up a recipe this morning. It calls for bleu cheese, bacon, and chives.

The Jew in me has a hard enough time letting myself eat pork. Mixing it with cheese would just make my ancestors heads explode. Just kidding. Blue cheese sounds like it would be great. I know my wife would flip for that. She can not get enough of the stuff.

I am in the mood for stuffed pork chops too and looked up a recipe this morning. It calls for bleu cheese, bacon, and chives.
The problem with this site is that when you ask for suggestions you actually get them. All of these ideas sound great. I am going to have a hard time picking one. Good thing I have a lot of chops to work with. Thanks guys. keep em coming.

Oh I will definitely have to do that Andy. I will cook up half of them tonight. The other half will go into the freezer for next week.

"Shallots, spinach, garlic, mushrooms and pine nuts or walnuts sauteed in butter. Mix in some feta and stuff"

I have thick cut chops in the freezer. Thanks for the idea, Andy, and your welcome, GB!!!:)

very quick recipe for pork chops (with the stuffing over them) brown chops, layer can apple pie mix. put chops on top. make dressing and put on top. bake at 375 for about 35 to 40 min. you will be pleasantly suprised.babe

I'd say any mushroom combination that you may like would do well with the other white meat. Now having said that you probably know what i want to say next.

The problem with this site is that when you ask for suggestions you actually get them. All of these ideas sound great. I am going to have a hard time picking one. Good thing I have a lot of chops to work with. Thanks guys. keep em coming.

Exactly!!!
Sometimes I get so many ideas so fast, I get overwhelmed, my head explodes, and we have PB&J!!!!! :rolleyes:
I made some with corn once, can't remember what else.
Also an Emeril recipe.... but that one will have you eating dinner at midnight if I remember correctly. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom