ISO what to serve with spareribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
I'm making spare ribs,with a bbq sauce, in the oven. Besides cole slaw, what would YOU serve with them. I think I shall be serving small bowls of soup first. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes....
Corn bread
Fried onions rings....just dredge onion slices in seasoned flour and fry them, no need for those heavily battered rings.

Lots of napkins, too.

Picking up where VB left off ... cornbread, fried okra, okra gumbo, turnip/collard/mustard greens, black eye peas, baked or fried sweet potatoes, yellow crookneck squash, corn - boiled or roasted.

tater salad, mac salad, maybe cheddar grits, second the okra suggestion, or just a tossed fruit salad. Sorry, I'm obviously stuck on salads for whatever reason.

Just thought of another.... fried green beans and bacon or fried cabbage and bacon? I got the late night muchies, everything is sounding good about now!

Baked beans--spicy. Standard fare served with ribs. Corn on the cob is another. Make sure you have bread and butter, dill pickle too.

I think of ribs as a casual, sloppy meal. and what comes with them at a rib joint? Cole slaw, fries (or potato salad) and usually plain old spongy white bread unerneath 'em!

When I serve ribs, I like to serve similar stuff... maybe a little more upscale or "interesting" than the standard slaw or potato salad, and I always make my own bread. But I would go with the "old standby's." You can't go wrong, and they're not difficult to execute.

and don't forget plenty of paper towels. I hate the way paper napkins shred when you try to clean cue sauce off your hands! :LOL:

Slaw - Baked Beans - Potato Salad - Corn on da Cob - Pik Nik stuff etc.

Or...Sauce with Hoisin/Honey - Egg Rolls - Fried Rice - Stir Fry Veggies - Grilled Pineapple

Or...With a Pot of Turnip/Mustard Greens with lots of Turnip Roots - Baked Sweet Tator - Black-Eyed Peas - Cornbread ----

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom