ISO yummy ham and swiss sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richelle

Assistant Cook
I have a client wanting a ham and swiss sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Whenever I make ham and cheese toasted, the inside of the bun or bread is soggy. Plus they are wanting some of these in wrap form. Any recipes?

Richelle

Miss richelle...I may be way out of the ball park, but could you toast both sides of the bread so they would not be soggy? The wraps...I can offer no help. Maybe someone can however!!

I occasionally make a toasted ham and swiss. I put ham and swiss cheese on a kaiser roll, wrap in foil, and stick in the oven or toaster oven (where you have to flip often or it will burn) and never had one soggy on the inside.

How are you cooking them?

This could be like the thread where someone was trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich (typically done in a fry pan) in a toaster oven....

:) If you want to make the wraps more special take some cream cheese put it in the mixer add some fresh parsley, garlic, and a tiny bit of your favorite herbs mix up with a little milk or 1/2 and 1/2 to make it spreadable. Absolutely delicious.

Like others have said, make sure the lettuce is next to the bread. This way the tomato juices won't soak into the bread. If you are making a wrap you can also cut the tomatoes in half and then use a small spoon to remove the pockets of seeds, which also contains the juicy stuff.

You can make it different by using Virginia ham - it's a bit sweeter tasting than normal deli-style ham. Also, peppered ham is wonderful!

Oh, what a shame-- I'm a little late for your lunch. But I have a wonderful ham and swiss recipe that's made in a small sandwich bun. You place your ham (choose a good one, Virginia is nice) and cheese in a bun. Nuke 1/4 cup of butter, 1/8 cup minced onion, 1/2 tsp. worshetshire sauce (I ALWAYS spell this wrong--sorry), and 1/8 cup dijon mustard. Stir a couple times during cook time.

When melted and combined, pour into ham and cheese sandwiches (sauce recipe makes enough for four sandwiches). Wrap sandwiches in foil and bake 15 minutes at 350.

Try this next time you want a wonderful hot ham sandwich-- it's REALLY good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom