I've Got Pork Chops For Dinner Tonight. How Should I Cook Them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
connie, i usually go by the feel and smell to determine a ripe mango. like a melon, a ripe mango will have a slight distinctive aroma. my favourite ones have a hint of rosemary or pine in the aroma. i think they're from jamaica.

also, a ripe mango will just yield to a little pressure. rock hard is under ripe, squishy, over ripe.

A couple notes about mangoes:

You can buy under-ripe mangoes, and place them in a paper bag on top of your refrigerator. Check them daily. You'll know they're ripe by the smell.

Under-ripe mangoes, or any under-ripe tropical fruit, are often used as veggies in tropical cuisines.

Last summer, I made a Brandied-Peach BBQ sauce for some grilled pork chops. We were making the stuff at work, and I already had a copy of the recipe, so I made a small batch. Of course, I was the only one that ate any. It was great!

I also agree with Chef_Jimmy. Jamaican Jerk is great! You can either buy a mix premade, or make your own. I prefer to make my own, as you can control the heat level better.

Pork chops, garlic powder, salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary. Sear nicely on both sides until done. Add a tiny bit of white wine to deglaze for a sauce or saute sliced fresh mushrooms. Easy and tasty meal!

allen and chef jimmy: could you please post your jerk recipes? i love jerk chicken and pork, but i've only used mixes. i'd like to try it at home. tia.

allen, on unripe mangoes. a thai recipe that i've been wanting to try uses unripe mango sliced into a julienne, and mixed with julienned carrots, and dressed in a sweet fish sauce and cilantro. it is a mango slaw, if you will, just as you would use cabbage or even broccoli.

a point of butter on an alluminium foil. The chop. Some rosemarin. A spoon of cream in which you have melted half cube of condiment, better if mushroom flavoured. Close the foil. In the oven, for...ten minutes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom