Jimmy Stewart's Favorite Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Becky

Assistant Cook
Jimmy Stewarts Favorite Pork Chops

I have absolutely no idea whether these were really Jimmy Stewarts favorite, but I KNOW they are MY husbands!!! This is the nicest recipe, you can make any amount, its extremely easy, and delicious too!!! ;~)

Pork Chops

Ketchup

Brown sugar

Lemon slices

Onion slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In casserole or pan, place pork chops. Top each with 1 tablespoon ketchup, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 slice onion, and 1 slice lemon. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness of the pork chops.

Nutritional Values: According to my Master Cook Program. Using a 6 ounce pork chop. 333 calories, 17 grams fat, 19 grams carbohydrates, 250 grams sodium

Food Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 4 meat, 1 fat, 1 Other carb.

Pork Meats & Main Dishes Home Page

Becky's Cookbook www.burleehost.com/reknbek

Becky, thanks for all the wonderful recipes, especially the low cal ones, and welcome to DiscussCooking!
This recipe is exactly how my aunt cooks a beef roast....and it's the best you ever tasted! The lemon adds just the right tangy taste, and acts as a natural meat tenderizer....so you can use the less expensive cuts of meat. I never thought of using it for pork chops, but I'll have to try it. I'm sure it's great!

Ditto on the welcome Becky. Thanks so much for ALL the wonderful recipes. Hope to see you around often!!!!

Thanks very much. Like I said in the healthy cooking thread, I have lost 65 pounds so far and have found some really delicious home-style low cal recipes. I search tons of cookbooks and try LOTS of recipes and have found a good amount of "keepers".

Becky, I have wonderful news for you!!!!!!! I found your 65 pounds and YOU CAN HAVE IT BACK!!!!!!:p

Please - take it:D :rolleyes:

I'm going to copy these - and don't forget to post some of these under the Healthy Eating forum so when I'm searching for something low in fat I can go find comfort there!!!! :cool:

My Mom used to make this when we were kids only she layered thin slices of potato in the dish! Wow, thanks for the "warm, fuzzy". Luv, Susie

Becky, except for the onion, your recipe sounds very much like one I've had since my children were babies. Looooong time ago. Everyone who has tasted them loves them. I serve them with buttered, poppy seed-sprinkled noodles and steamed Italian green beans. Delish meal!

PORK CHOPS CALIFORNIA​
(Serves 4)​
4 bone-in pork chops, about ½-in. thick
4 (¼-in.) lemon slices, rind on
1 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
½ cup catsup
¼ cup water
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops, drain excess fat. Season with salt and pepper. Place a slice of lemon on top of each chop. In a small bowl, combine sugar, catsup and water; pour over chops. Cover; simmer 30 minutes. Remove cover and simmer 10 minutes more, basting chops occasionally.

Tried the pork chops last night and they were good.
I like the onion and lemon flavors that permeate the
meat. Didn't sear them first, might try that next time.
Thanks Becky!

My twist on this was a success last night. No lemons, but used the onions, ketchup brown sugar, water, and a shot of Worcestershire.

Think I'll double the stuff for sauce next time to have over rice to go with it.

Katie E. I attempted to copy your recipe.
1. point cursor just under left corner of the first word on title (right click)
2 hold down highlight in blue just what you want to print

3 finger off

4 move the curser into blue...right click again hold down (menue) click print.

These were directions given to be by Shunka. It printed from the beginning and all the pages before the recipe. What did I do wrong?

Katie E. I do have the receipe thanks.

Aria - to print JUST the recipe you want your cursor bar to the left of the word like you said. If you still see your cursor arrow you aren't close enough to your word. You want to see the cursor bar.

Hold down the LEFT button of your mouse and don't let go while you pass your mouse over what you want to copy - then let go without clicking again.

Once everything is dark blue that you want to copy hold down your control button and hit the letter "P" (this is the keyboard command for print) then select the "radio" button beside the word Selection in the "Print Range" box...this means it will print what you selected.

Then just hit your enter button on your keyboard.

nstructions

1. Get pork chops half an inch in thickness, take off part of the fat, and trim them neatly.
  2. Sprinkle them on both sides with a little salt and pepper.
  3. Melt an ounce of butter in a sautepan; put the chops in it, and fry them until they are thoroughly done.
  4. If liked, a little powdered sage can be sprinkled over them before serving.
  5. Send Robert sauce, apple sauce, or piquant sauce to table in a tureen.
  6. Time to fry, twenty minutes--ten minutes on each side.

Back
Top Bottom