Kayelle's Authentic 2 day Carnita's......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
If you're on a diet, this isn't for you. It's a "guilty pleasure" to be sure.

You will need:

3-5 lbs of pork shoulder. Do not remove fat.
1 small can of your favorite Salsa
Garlic powder, Cumin, Mexican oregano and salt to your liking.

Cook in a crock pot till tender (6-10hrs)

Refrigerate all in a container overnight.

The next day, remove the fat layer from the container and save.
Shred the meat onto a large flat sheet pan and spread the reserved fat evenly over the top of the meat. Broil about 10 minutes till the meat looks somewhat crispy. Turn the meat with a large spatula, and char for another 10 minutes, till slightly crispy.

The remaining fat free juices from the crock pot can be used for many Mexican sauces.

This will be your best Carnitas ever for Taco's, Enchilada's, Burrito's or whatever!

Enjoy!:chef:

I would LOVE to make this, but the DH removes all fat from meat, so he'd hate it (I know I would LOVE it). Just reading the post makes my mouth water.

I am going to make this, Kayelle! Sounds wonderful!

We will help you, CWS.

DH of CWS, pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain. She's busy draining the fat from the pork, and planning to serve it to the girls....

Last edited:
This meat recipe looks very wonderful and also quite effeciant!

would you also, please, share your recipe for the Taco itself, as Carnitas Tacos eludes me..

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

You're gonna love it Dawg!!

Eric, to me the king of all taco meat is Carnitas. The flavor of the meat is sooo succulent that less is more for these taco's. I make soft taco's when I have Carnitas with simply Pico Del Gallo, white cheese and shredded lettuce.
I asked Steve his favorite way for me to serve Carnita's and he said "with a fork". Wise Guy!

Kayelle,
it's on for Ma's Sunday list maybe next week. Thanks for sharing. Another one saved from you.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom