Leftover Pork Roast Ravioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
The purchased sheeted pasta was a bit too stiff to use for raviolis. I not being one to let a small mishap get me down, moved on to Plan B and made it into a lasagna instead. The filling is a combo of, leftover pork roast, spinach, parsley and ricotta. The sauce, is a short sauce with sausage meat, onion, garlic and San Marzano Plum Tomatoes passed through my fingers to break them up. The plated result is not to pretty to look at, but very tasty to eat. ravioli filling 001.jpg

ravioli filling 002.jpg

ravioli filling 003.jpg

ravioli filling 005.jpg

ravioli filling 009.jpg

I soak those lasagna sheets work best if soaked in hot water first. It softens them up to being pliable.

I debated a par-boiling of the sheets as well as a brief soak in hot water. I ruled out the first as I felt it would result in the raviolis breaking open during the cooking process. The second I felt would be too sticky to handle. Thanks for the advice all. ;)

I debated a par-boiling of the sheets as well as a brief soak in hot water. I ruled out the first as I felt it would result in the raviolis breaking open during the cooking process. The second I felt would be too sticky to handle. Thanks for the advice all. ;)

It doesn't become sticky, it becomes pliable. If you are concerned about stickiness, a quick rinse in cold water after the hot soak, wll take care of that. Just as if you were using the regular pasta lasagna product. You boil it first, then place in cold water to keep the pieces separate. :chef:

I never heard of putting lasagna sheets in cold water to keep them from sticking. Sounds like a great idea. I'll do that next time.

I never heard of putting lasagna sheets in cold water to keep them from sticking. Sounds like a great idea. I'll do that next time.

The cold water settles the starch back onto the sheet and provides a barrier so that the sheets do not stick. Works like a charm. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom