Limited Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
img_1229480_0_0ea00daf72477a43851f88228b26b1d0.jpg

it sorta looks like strips of jalapeno spam mixed with corn, peas, and beans in a tortilla or pita.

add some raw onions and spicy mustard, and i'd try it. at least once.

A Spam Taco! Does Mexico know about this? Finally! We have something we can sneak over the border to Mexico! We know how to get even. :angel:

In college, spam quiche was one of my specialties. I'll bet I could serve it to some of my snobbiest foodie friends and they would love it. Seriously, it hides what it is sooo well if one knows what to do. And I had four VERY broke years to perfect my talents. Come to dinner, doubters. I am sure I still have those skills even if I have not made it in years....Mwhahahahahahaha! :LOL:

In college, spam quiche was one of my specialties. I'll bet I could serve it to some of my snobbiest foodie friends and they would love it. Seriously, it hides what it is sooo well if one knows what to do. And I had four VERY broke years to perfect my talents. Come to dinner, doubters. I am sure I still have those skills even if I have not made it in years....Mwhahahahahahaha! :LOL:

Aha! A gormet chef amongst us. Next will be her recipe for Spam and Ramen Noodles. Stay tuned. :angel:

i would eat spam quiche or spam and ramen. sounds kinda good, actually.

i was just thinking of how jalapeno spam might be good diced fine into cornbread, or in hash browns.

addie, we'll have to come up with a spam stuffed lobster for you, lol. ;)

I do not like Spam. My mother used to make us eat it when we were young. Her favorite thing was to put the blob of spam in a baking dish, score the top of it in diamond shapes and jam a clove at each intersection. She also used to put those canned Vienna sausage things into a hot dog bun and tell us they were baby hot dogs. To this day I just can't do spam or Vienna sausages. :sick:

I think I may have told this before, but when we were cooking at a camp for four months we held a family retreat with a Hawaiian theme. Our food manager gave me the job of making a spam stir-fry (it is the unofficial meat of Hawaii) for 150 people. I cut 24 cans into fine dice and mixed it with pineapple tidbits, onion, celery, carrots, peppers (red, yellow & green) and made a Hawaiian sweet and sour sauce. I was actually surprised how popular it was though I personally did not eat more than what I had to while cooking it. My hands smelled of Spam for at least a day afterward.

Now, it falls under one of my food intolerances and that is just fine with me! :angel:

Trying to come up with appetizers for a Hawaiian theme party in Aruba is challenging as the "super"markets there don't carry a lot of the stuff you'd look for.

I bought a couple of cans of smoked spam, cubed it and skewered it with pineapple chunks and grilled them. SO was skeptical. She was convinced no one would eat it but it was the first thing to go.

Back
Top Bottom