LP's "Cheater" Pulled PorK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
The word "cheater" in the title is for all my Grill it/smoke it guys. But really, this tastes out of this world and couldn't be easier. I wanted to try this root beer slow-cooker pork recipe I found, but all we have is diet pop and I didn't think it would work. So, I changed it up a little using real beer! ;)

LP's "Cheater" Pulled Pork
Pork shoulder or loin with a good layer of fat
salt and pepper
beer to come half way up meat in cooker (I used 1 bottle for 2 pounds and 2 bottles for 5 pounds)
liquid smoke

Rub the meat with salt and pepper. If using loin, score the fat lightly. Place in slow-cooker and pour in beer, careful only to come up half way. add a few drops of liquid smoke to beer, cover and cook on low for 5 - 7 hours, until meat is moist, tender and pulls away easily.

Remove meat and keep warm. Use leftover liquid for sauce if making from scratch.

Last edited:
LP--did you use rootbeer or "real" beer? I always use beer and apple cider when I use my Tuscan Oven to make pork roast. I add onions, raisins, and apples...some mustard (not the yellow kind). I usually make this in the fall. The gravy is amazing!

Sounds good! I think I have a pork roast in the freezer...hmmm....

No, sorry, I used REAL beer, because I didn't have regular rootbeer, only diet. I think it turned out better than with the sweet rootbeer. The first batch I made was with a gluten free beer, much like an English Stout. The second batch I made to take camping and share was with Coors Light (the only other beer we have in the house!).

You can throw some garlic in there too if you really need to, Dave ;)

LOL....that was one of those Two Fat Ladies things. They love garlic and pork. :)

I'll have to pick up some NA beer and try that.

No, sorry, I used REAL beer, because I didn't have regular rootbeer, only diet. I think it turned out better than with the sweet rootbeer. The first batch I made was with a gluten free beer, much like an English Stout. The second batch I made to take camping and share was with Coors Light (the only other beer we have in the house!).
You got me I love pork and BEER so we are going to do you recipe this weekend. Thanks Laurie. Darn I can hardly wait.;)
kades {ma}

Yes--they have ears. And, the ears are the color of the eggs they lay (supposedly). I just haven't mentioned that we eat chickens or eggs. I don't want them to stop producing (or eating in fear of the fact that if they get nice and plump, they might be stewing hens...).

Okay, ladies, this is a PORK thread not a chicken thread :pig: :LOL:

I will post the BBQ sauce I use for it asap in case anyone wants it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom