Makin' Bacon 2! Canadian too, eh!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of our fave meat markets (way out of town) makes smoked pork chops that are so salty that they're inedible on their own. I grilled a couple and had to use the meat for stuff other than just eating plain. All the other meats we get there are excellent.

I might have to give those a try. I think I'll brine them first.

When I see smoked pork chops in the market, it looks like a whole loin was smoked then sliced into chops rather than smoking individual chops.

ahhh, that would make more sense. Otherwise I think they would dry out.
So basically it's Canadian bacon on the bone, assuming it's cured. If it's not cured then simply smoked pork loin. I don't know that I'd have a use for a whole smoked bone-in pork loin. It's not like butt, which is easy to use up in nachos, chili and the like.
I was just going to throw a couple chops on next time I smoke chicken leg quarters. Maybe I won't now. I don't know...

Thanks for the info. I've never seen it, but I've never looked for it either.

Found a website with pictures: Polish Eats Purdier than a glossy magazine center fold. :wub:

They don't look much different from regular chops, just a bit deeper red with a hint of brown to it. But the taste! :yum: :yum: :yum:

You could probably "do" three or four bones worth of the loin? Maybe you can get just part of it then instead of the entire loin.

Also, through the marvel known as Google, I found an e-zine just up your smoker! Smoking-Meat.com. You will never be bored again! Smoked london broil anyone? :yum: Or, do you have walleye at your end of the lake? So many choices, so little smoke. ;)

My end of the lake has big walleye. None of those 17 inchers folks in Ohio call walleye :LOL:
I had two egg mcmuffins today... after 10:30 ;)

Fine. But I bet your end of the lake doesn't do a New Year's Eve walleye drop?

Walleye Madness :ROFLMAO:

sideimage2.jpg

"Take me to the symphony" :ROFLMAO:
And the Leatherman tool in the picture at the end... what a nice touch as a prop :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom