Makin' Bacon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1265377_0_a4dbdf405f515bd791409bb9c74db12d.png

lookit them broad lean stripes of belly bacon across his topside...how are you fixin' to slice it, pac?

The same way I slice pastrami, lean and mean...
I don't really like thick cut bacon, so somewhere on the order of 1/16" or a hair less would be nice.

The only way this bacon experiment is going to work is if I can use it like storebought; BLT's to ABT's, bacon weaves to wrapped shrimp or asparagus, next to some eggs or chopped with some beans.
I want it to stretch at room temp (that's why not too thick).
Like some strive to make homemade bread the same consistency of sliced storebought (ingredients aside), that's what I want from this slab. Or the next one. Or the next one.
When all is said and done here, I'm hoping to nail the texture. The flavor will come. That could come from playing around with the cure as well as the smoke. I just want it to behave like bacon. And I'm pretty particular when it comes to bacon :cool:

It is amusing how the suffix of "oholic" is now part of every addiction. I don't doubt Dr. Bob and Bill didn't realize what they were starting with that one word. :angel:

I went by Pac's house last night to drop of my SASE and this is what I saw on the front door :ohmy:

img_1265532_0_ecbca45f904d06cb5f2eb8854e2f39a4.jpg

Be patient TL. Have you sent her your postage already? :angel:
I'm not the one who isn't patient. Pac's bacon is safe from me 'cause I can't smell it. ;)

At my house we have a rule about bacon. If you cook bacon and make nice bacon smells, you have to be ready to share with everyone in the house (including the furry ones) who can smell it.

I went by Pac's house last night to drop of my SASE and this is what I saw on the front door :ohmy:

img_1265544_0_ecbca45f904d06cb5f2eb8854e2f39a4.jpg

:LOL: i hope pac doesn't expect a bacon warning sign to protects his bacon from bacon hounds like us, or any potential bacon thieves. a sign like that actually delivers the opposite message, serving as an effective promotion or invitation to a bacon party, not a deterrent....:pig::pig::pig:

if you have a blunderbuss, pac, please load it with bacon and point it at me. i'll open my mouth. :ohmy:

It's not looking much different, Vit.
In other words, Nothing going on here :mrgreen:

Tom, how 'bout I use a Punt Gun and take care of everyone in your area?
(you may need to Google that one ;) )

is that like a bacon mortar?

if so, the schrapnel would be delicious.

googling now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom