Makin' Bacon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
keyboards are far tastier from all of the stuff that gets dripped or spilled in them, and bacon grease from fingertips.

ploknjuuhgvtfcxdeeszaw
njbhgvgyycckkygcdtrxsrzewa

(i just licked my keyboard, twice)

Last edited:
what the hell did you lick?

hard drives are nasty, as are processors and memory. they're bland and tasteless, no matter how you overclock them...

Actually, it's a whole new computer that I have to buy. :ohmy:

A whole new computer?
I tried to buy a new tower from Dell just last week. I got transferred and my call dropped so many times it wasn't funny. I ended up ordering a new hard drive from Amzon for 33 bucks. Dell sent me a quote a few days later :rolleyes:

We have a computer place over the river in Cambridge for geeks. Spike gets all his parts there at wholesale prices. While the public pays an arm and a leg for a mother board, he only pays up to a hand as far as the wrist. And they will build you a CPU with all your special software. :angel:

bacon?

Attachments

• bacon later.jpg
    bacon later.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 157
Ain't that the truth, Bea :LOL:

BLT's for dinner, Andy. Or maybe a BLT sub. Then I can use more bacon ;)

Pac, those plates look so delicktable. Count me in as another who's sold on your smoking ability. Also, count me in as another who performed spring cleaning after licking the drips off my keyboard. :yum:

Nice job Pac!

Well, it sure tastes like bacon!
It looks like bacon, it smells like bacon and it tastes like bacon, so... it must be bacon.

So far so good. I fried up three pieces and made a bacon and mayo sandwich and dang, if I didn't impress myself. It had a real nice taste and texture.
It's certainly fatty and yielded a lot of grease, so I'll have to get to know my way around a pork belly for next time. See which section my butcher is giving me if I only take 4 lbs. And it's not the most uniform. I like uniform bacon for weaving. Although some of that could have been fixed by timming the slab. The real test though will be wrapping it up, storing it, freezing some... seeing how it holds up. Initial thoughts are I wouldn't change a thing. I took half a dozen pieces over to my buddy next door for a second opinion. And I think I may be cooking some later, too :)

So I started with 4.18 lbs and finished with a solid 2.875 lbs of strip bacon. I've got a few miscellaneous pieces and small chunks left over for some beans or something.

If I recall Kylie posted some bacon that looked just like that British bacon from her trip. I think I asked her what kind of meat it was. It looked delicious all cooked up.

Pac, yes over here we have the whole rasher of bacon, with the short back section still attached :yum:

P1010246.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Whiskas, Kylie.

"Delicktable" I like that :LOL:
And no real smoking abilities to make this. The hardest part was waiting for it to cure... as you may have noticed :neutral:

Thanks for posting that, Kylie.
Like I told Andy earlier, I'll have to see if I can find that cut, or have the butcher make it for me. That's heaven right there. The best of both worlds of bacon :yum:

Your welcome Pac :)

I do hope you can find some like this as I do really think you will love the top part of the bacon...funnily enough I feel like some fried bacon now :LOL:

We do have some in but it is for a Mothers Day meal tomorrow lunchtime, so I cant touch...no shortage of bacon for you though Pac :yum:

...Thanks for posting that, Kylie.
Like I told Andy earlier, I'll have to see if I can find that cut, or have the butcher make it for me. That's heaven right there. The best of both worlds of bacon :yum:

Lessee, you identify your location as "NW PA". Erie is in northwest PA. Hope this helps: Erie Butcher Shops

Looks like Erie proper has a dozen butchers. You have to be able to find what you need, right?

so, pacnar, now that you know how to sail eest to invade a land of riches (a metaphor), it seems rhat all you need to do is be better at choosing the cut.

i'd imagine a cross section of the next cut you buy, maybe smaller cuts for qualty assurance, would be what you're looking for future tries. sort of like like looking into that tiny window on a package of bacon in the store to see how fatty/streaky it is.

'm looking forward to future bacons.

i am in awe, and pledge my bacon arm rings and fealty to you...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom