Making sausage tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
There is a good sale on pork so I am going to get about 20 lbs and make up a few recipes tonight. Hot Italian and some Sonoran style Chorizo recipe I found on line which has Guajillo and Ancho chilies with some cinnamon and cloves also. Sounds interesting. Then, if I have some pork left I may try something a little more adventurous. Something with nuts or cheese. Hopefully, I can be organized enough to get some photos and reviews for everybody. Could be tricky, though. Just stocked the fridge with some Alexander Kieth's.....Have a good weekend everybody!

Last edited:
Good luck!

Today for lunch I had sausage with peppers and onions ground into the meat and stuffed into the casing. The store I go to also makes one they call holiday sausage with a little grated cheese and red wine mixed into it. You can really use just about anything including the neighbors cat!

Without pictures it didn't happen, and we will need to send someone to confiscate those didn't happen sausages. :)

Well, it didn't happen. The store I usually go to had no casings. I ended up getting some but it was too late to get started. I had a very busy day but I have all of the ingredients necessary so tomorrow it is.

I have casings if you are coming down this way....I bought them in MN and haven't used them. I think I have enough for 45 lb.

Drumming fingers on the desk anxiously waiting for a report with photo's. Does one really need casings to make sausage? I've often thought of making some but I'd just freeze it in chubs or patties.

Sorry I have no camera. I made 15 lbs this morning and when I went for the camera I remembered I left it in my friends truck after we went to Niagara Falls earlier this week for a buisness convention. And, what's even worse is that I never took any pictures there either...

There must be some sort of *ahem* "business" story about what happened to you, Rock, and your friend in Niagara Falls for you to claim "no pictures were taken," and therefore, "it didn't happen." ;)

There must be some sort of *ahem* "business" story about what happened to you, Rock, and your friend in Niagara Falls for you to claim "no pictures were taken," and therefore, "it didn't happen." ;)
Yeah. Things got pretty wild at the vinyl window and sunroom convention.:LOL:...Those guys really know how to throw a party. Tuesday and Wednesday night in Niagara Falls in early January. I have never seen a place so quiet. It was like the fair after closing time. It was a surreal experience to walk down those lit streets, wax museums, music blaring and not a soul in sight. Like some weird B movie..

Last edited:
Ok, guys, quit picking on the Rock!

Gad, a sunroom and vinyl convention? Kudos to you for your patience, Rock!

Ok, guys, quit picking on the Rock!

Gad, a sunroom and vinyl convention? Kudos to you for your patience, Rock!
Yeah. I went with an old friend of mine who I have worked with before. He is a dealer and installer and was recently separated. The arrangements were made so I tagged along. I got a few weird looks 'cus my name badge read Kim.:LOL:

Yeah. I went with an old friend of mine who I have worked with before. He is a dealer and installer and was recently separated. The arrangements were made so I tagged along. I got a few weird looks 'cus my name badge read Kim.:LOL:

So now the story is coming out. I wonder how Rock looks as a Kim. :LOL:

Rocklobster said:

:ROFLMAO: At least you had Niagra Falls, such as it was, Kim!

That sucks, when a party town has no party.

Last edited:

It wasn't the name, Rock...it was the picture:rolleyes:

Rock--I've got the pork in the fridge. Can you share your recipes (techniques)? I bought about 22 lb, but that includes the bone. What do you do with the rind? Thanks!

I guess I can put the meat grinder parts outside instead of in the freezer...it sure is cold out there an all the parts are metal (except for the pusher and the stuffer). How long do you soak the casings?

Rock--I've got the pork in the fridge. Can you share your recipes (techniques)? I bought about 22 lb, but that includes the bone. What do you do with the rind? Thanks!

Don't use the bone in your sausage (makes it too crunchy). :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom