Marinating & Curing Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twixmixy

Assistant Cook
:pig::pig::pig: How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood??
I have an article I can post about this, but does anyone know about the various effects?

I'm trying to come up with some good "quick cures" or "quick marinades" that I could do for my various cuts of pork. I've read that it's healthier for pork to go through a curing, smoking, preservation, marinade, etc. process before cooking for consumption. Thoughts?

Anyone out there doing a nutritional healing protocol diet? I'd love to connect with others who are. I'm on a detox/elimination diet currently. Which means a lot of cooking!! :chef:

Peace & Love,
Twixmixy

My sole goal in any preparation is making it taste good. I'm very fond of pork because it makes great real BBQ. Bacon is its own food group. Pork fat rules and you really can't make andouille and many other sausages with out it.:yum: Don't really care about any affects. My basic diet is a see food diet.

Last edited:
My sole goal in any preparation is making it taste good. I'm very fond of pork because it makes great real BBQ. Bacon is its own food group. Pork fat rules and you really can't make andouille and many other sausages with out it.:yum: Don't really care about any affects. My basic diet is a see food diet.

Stated better then I could say it. :)

And I know all about the see food diet. :LOL:

Soft shells.......... Can you say a little bit of heaven? :yum:

And they go well with pork chops on the grill.

No curing needed for the pork.

I'd tend to think that any additional steps in preparing the pork would only add to anything that could be deemed "unhealthy".

Keep it simple seems the way to go IMHO.

Pork is very versatile meat and is good almost in every way possible prepared. Season, marinade, stuff into casing, hang it above your stove to dry, no cooking required.
season, marinade, make into shish kebab, cooked above the fire on the grill, indirect heat. If you leave it in marinade for 3 days, you can eat it without even cooking. And then of course salamis, and many other cold smoking or hot smoking ways.

:pig::pig::pig: How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood??
I have an article I can post about this, but does anyone know about the various effects?

I'm trying to come up with some good "quick cures" or "quick marinades" that I could do for my various cuts of pork. I've read that it's healthier for pork to go through a curing, smoking, preservation, marinade, etc. process before cooking for consumption. Thoughts?

Anyone out there doing a nutritional healing protocol diet? I'd love to connect with others who are. I'm on a detox/elimination diet currently. Which means a lot of cooking!! :chef:

Peace & Love,
Twixmixy
You pays your money and you takes your choice, as the saying goes.

There are some articles that will tell you that smoking and/or curing is bad for you!

Go with whichever tastes best to you.

No comment on the other part of your question apart from to say I've just taken up with Slimming World again as my favourite pair of navy linen trousers wouldn't fit me last weekend. It's a couple of months of eating sensibly for me.

Back
Top Bottom