"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 08-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Than guys, I now have decided on a multiple solution.
1. Cant get shake & bake so will buy a Pork seasoning and add the ginger, like that idea with the peach syrup but will use it on bone in chops.
2.Uncle Bobs method is how I do normal Beef Steaks, so I will combine this with,
3.Jeekinz method, only one problem, whats "Tent"? is this super chefs terminology Looked for an Emoticon for Laughing but there aint one!!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Tent is to cover. Make a tent out of aluminum foil (or some other suitable material) and place it over the pork chops and allow them to rest. The tent holds in residual heat so that they dont get cold too quickly, and carry over cooking is maximized.

You can find the laughing icon under More in the icon window.

Or type ": lol :" without the quotes or spaces and it will be replaced with the emoticon.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Very many thanks to all who responded, how nice to have a problem soved on my desk from thousands of miles away from a bunch of nice guys.
I like this site after just 1 posting, I can see that you are all eager to solve problems on a genuine basis.
As a moderator on a trade forum in the UK I can feel the warmth coming not from the cooking ovens but from the heart.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

just 2 bits more, you don't want to tent fried or baked/breaded stuff. it retains moisture, ruining the crispiness.

and if you want to go really tender and juicy with pork, try marinating a tenderloin in teryaki, then tying the ends; the large end to retain shape, the small, tapered end over to make the meat roughly the same thickness across, like a log.
grill about 20 - 25 minutes, turning 4 times to get a slight char on all sides.
serve medium rare, sliced on a bias with grilled pineapple. (lol, after tenting the pork for 10 minutes )
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
just 2 bits more, you don't want to tent fried or baked/breaded stuff. it retains moisture, ruining the crispiness.
Darn good point! Excellent info.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:07 AM   #16
Head Chef

I grill mine on a very hot fire to seel in the juice then season and wrap in foil and finnish in the oven all ways juicy nor crisp just tender all the way through then I make a sauce out of the drippings and add just a touch of Dijon mustard and a touch of dill Juice-dill weed yummy
Old 08-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

dave, if you like fennel, try replacing the dill with fennel seeds.

work really well with dijon and pork.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:53 AM   #18
Sous Chef

Cook using any method you want, but be sure to remove the meat from the heat source when the thickest part of the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145F. I find 155-160F to be much too dry. Let them rest 5min or so after cooking with a foil tent. A slight blush of pink is perfectly okay. Trichinosis is instantly wiped out at 140F, known as the "Instant Kill" temperature. It's actually gone before 140F, as sustained temps in the high 130F range can also wipe it out.

The most important part of properly cooking lean meats is not to over cook them. There is no fat to lubricate those cinched up proteins that have squeezed all their natural juices out. This same method applied to boneless/skinless chicken breats, but those need to be cooked to 165F.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

and if you want to go really tender and juicy with pork, try marinating a tenderloin in teryaki, )
But that's just what I want to do, retain the moisture, I dont want it crispy, none of my guests have teeth

Cant use Teryaki as it contains Soy sauce and wife is taking tablets for a previous Breast cancer and Soy sauce is off limits on the label.

Tags
None