Melt in the mouth pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hugh-Candoit

Assistant Cook
Overlooking a Grassy field in Rain soaked England
Hi, newbie wants to know how to cook 4 pork steaks 1 1/2" or 4cm thick with no fat, they need to almost melt in the mouth for a presentation dinner with veg.

Normally I grill Beef & Lamb for required time then seal in tinfoil and leave in the oven for an extra half hour to tenderize. Never tried it with Pork and cant gamble this time. Any suggestions welcome that have been tried and tested.
Thanks.

:) What kind of cut are you talking about if its a center cut boneless pork loin chop I can give you a great recipe.

What cut of pork is it? Around here, a “pork steak” is piece of a Boston butt or shoulder roast cut to the desired thickness. The bone is typically in, and it is very well marbled in fat. You say there is almost no fat on your cut? Is it a loin chop?

Look here to see what is typically called a pork steak.

Look here to see the different kinds of chops.

Which one is yours? The actual cook will affect the cooking method.

Thanks folks, the type of cut is the Eye only of a rib steak, just a circle of pure meat, no fat no bone.
A recipe is not needed, just how to cook it so it is the most succulent Pork Steak ever eaten.
Once had one in Italy that was served in some form of cream Sauce, but dont know if it had been cooked in the sauce . It was so tender that I still remember it 5 years on.

that's a pretty lean cut of meat.

i've found that doing it "milanese" style, (baked in seasoned breading) is the best way to keep a boneless rib chop the most moist and tender. serve it simply with a squeeze of lemon.

You may try grilling after brining. Coat with oil. Grill on each side for a couple of minutes, then move them to a "slower' area of the grill to finish to your desired degree of doneness.

Enjoy!

I take any lean pork off the heat when it reaches an internal temp of 150-155 f. Alot of people will disagree with that, but I wind up with the moistest chops.

If they are thicker than one inch, sear in a pan on both sides with some bacon fat or olive oil, cover and put in a 350 deg oven until you reach an internal temp of 155 deg. Remove from pan, tent and let rest for 10 minutes.

Than guys, I now have decided on a multiple solution.
1. Cant get shake & bake so will buy a Pork seasoning and add the ginger, like that idea with the peach syrup but will use it on bone in chops.
2.Uncle Bobs method is how I do normal Beef Steaks, so I will combine this with,
3.Jeekinz method, only one problem, whats "Tent"? is this super chefs terminology:rolleyes: Looked for an Emoticon for Laughing but there aint one!!

Tent is to cover. Make a “tent” out of aluminum foil (or some other suitable material) and place it over the pork chops and allow them to rest. The tent holds in residual heat so that they don’t get cold too quickly, and carry over cooking is maximized.

You can find the laughing icon under “More” in the icon window. :LOL:

Or type ": lol :" without the quotes or spaces and it will be replaced with the emoticon.

Very many thanks to all who responded, how nice to have a problem soved on my desk from thousands of miles away from a bunch of nice guys.
I like this site after just 1 posting, I can see that you are all eager to solve problems on a genuine basis.
As a moderator on a trade forum in the UK I can feel the warmth coming not from the cooking ovens but from the heart.

just 2 bits more, you don't want to tent fried or baked/breaded stuff. it retains moisture, ruining the crispiness.

and if you want to go really tender and juicy with pork, try marinating a tenderloin in teryaki, then tying the ends; the large end to retain shape, the small, tapered end over to make the meat roughly the same thickness across, like a log.
grill about 20 - 25 minutes, turning 4 times to get a slight char on all sides.
serve medium rare, sliced on a bias with grilled pineapple. (lol, after tenting the pork for 10 minutes :chef: )

I grill mine on a very hot fire to seel in the juice then season and wrap in foil and finnish in the oven all ways juicy nor crisp just tender all the way through then I make a sauce out of the drippings and add just a touch of Dijon mustard and a touch of dill Juice-dill weed yummy

dave, if you like fennel, try replacing the dill with fennel seeds.

work really well with dijon and pork.

Cook using any method you want, but be sure to remove the meat from the heat source when the thickest part of the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF. I find 155-160ºF to be much too dry. Let them rest 5min or so after cooking with a foil tent. A slight blush of pink is perfectly okay. Trichinosis is instantly wiped out at 140ºF, known as the "Instant Kill" temperature. It's actually gone before 140ºF, as sustained temps in the high 130ºF range can also wipe it out.

The most important part of properly cooking lean meats is not to over cook them. There is no fat to lubricate those cinched up proteins that have squeezed all their natural juices out. This same method applied to boneless/skinless chicken breats, but those need to be cooked to 165ºF.

Good luck! :pig:

buckytom said:
just 2 bits more, you don't want to tent fried or baked/breaded stuff. it retains moisture, ruining the crispiness.

and if you want to go really tender and juicy with pork, try marinating a tenderloin in teryaki, :chef: )
But that's just what I want to do, retain the moisture, I dont want it crispy, none of my guests have teeth:LOL:

Cant use Teryaki as it contains Soy sauce and wife is taking tablets for a previous Breast cancer and Soy sauce is off limits on the label.

Back
Top Bottom