"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
I made Ol-Blue’s pork roast last week. I forgot to add a review...

...Would I make this again. Yes. It was easy...
It's a keeper alright. I've only ever made it like the recipe and it comes out perfect everytime with the gravy just the right consistency. I use a CI DO. And I also like my pork white

For me though, I'm going to leave the garlic slivers out. I like garlic flavor, just not concentrated like it is when you stud meat with it.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey, Mac, that sounds really good. You might want to put it in its own thread, though. People will be much more likely to find it that way.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #73
Sous Chef

This is similar to a recipe I have used for years called "no-peek casserole." It started out using stew meat (with veg.) , then progressed to pot roast and pork roasts. I don't use as much liquid and actually substitute red wine for water. It works either in a dutch oven or a crockpot. It hasn't failed me yet!

BTW. Its called "no-peek" because you're supposed to cook low and slow and not lift the lid.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
This is similar to a recipe I have used for years called "no-peek casserole." It started out using stew meat (with veg.) , then progressed to pot roast and pork roasts. I don't use as much liquid and actually substitute red wine for water. It works either in a dutch oven or a crockpot. It hasn't failed me yet!

BTW. Its called "no-peek" because you're supposed to cook low and slow and not lift the lid.
Like this?
Dutch Oven Beef with Gravy Recipe
Old 02-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #75
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That is pretty much it. I'm thinking of trying something similar with chicken using cr. of celery and a Knorr package of something that lends itself better to chicken then the onion soup does. We shall think on that one.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #76
Assistant Cook

Sounds like it could be good however u could always make up a veggie chutney and place it in a baking dish and smother the choked in the chutney. Also for some extra pazaz u could use boneless chicken breaststroke and slice a pocket in them and stuff them with fresh herbs and cheese with a bit of hickory bbq sauce for flare... And convection bake it for about 45 mind covered with tin foil. Oh and use the creme of celery with a bit of creme or milk added u will love it. Msg me if u wanna know more. It sounds tough but of u like to prep like I do u will love the finished creation. Serves well with white wine to.

Sent from my C5306 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Tags
None