Molasses Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but surprisingly, it turned out very well.

One rack of Ribs cut into single riblets
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water, beer or beefstock
4 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
add to covered pot, and cook for one hour at 300.

After one hour, drain and then add a sauce made up of the following

1/3 cup molasses
1 tsp garlic powder(or fresh if you prefer)
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tblsp vinegar(I used balsamic)
2 tblsp Soya sauce and pepper to taste
1/4 cup water or beef stock

Cook for an hour and a half at 300. Every half hour, stir or turn the ribs so they are well covered and cook in the sauce. Finish cooking them with the lid off for the last 15 minutes so they dry up a bit.

Last edited:
I do one that is close to this but I swap out the soy sauce for some bourbon.

I'll give you the ribs, save me the drippings and a plate of rice! :pig:

This Super Bowl is starting to have a bad influence on me!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We had almost a whole carton of molasses left over from xmas baking and no idea what to do with it. I'm not a big fan, never liking baked bean recipes with molasses, but I rarely make anything that is inedible(meaning I will eat just about anything). It was good. Now, I only have half a carton of molasses to use up....

We had almost a whole carton of molasses left over from xmas baking and no idea what to do with it. I'm not a big fan, never liking baked bean recipes with molasses, but I rarely make anything that is inedible(meaning I will eat just about anything). It was good. Now, I only have half a carton of molasses to use up....

Another pan of barbeque, a shoofly pie or a pan of gingerbread and Bob's yer uncle?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

How about gingerbread? I love it baked and cut into squares. I have to confess that I do like molasses though. :yum: The ribs sound good!

Rocklobster, it's like a pecan pie without the pecans. Eating Shoofly requires an extreme sweet tooth.

I use lassas in my coffee barbecue sauce. Although it works with other things, I mostly use it with chicken wings. You're welcome to the recipe if you want it.

That sounds like sugar pie. Traditional and popular in Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom