My best Ribs Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I haave a cousing who made these for her guests from North Carolina. They told her that they were the best ribs they's ever eaten. My head swelled. If you don't know, Carolina natives love their vinagr based bbq sauce/mop. This isn't that. My cousin used Kansas style spare ribs. But I really like the loin ribs better. Here's the recipe:

Barbecue Sauce:
Ingrecients:
2 cups dark-brown sugar
3 tbs. maple syrup (or corn syrup)
¼ tsp. granulated garlic
¼ tbs. granulated onion
3 tbs.tomato paste
½ tsp. Mesquite Flavored Liquid Smoke
3 tbs dark chili powder
3 tbs Lee & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbs. smoke paprika
1 tsp. lack pepper

Remove the silver skin from the ribs. Heat charcoal grill with a divided bed of charcoal. Make a drip pan of heavy-duty aluminum foil that will fit under the ribs. mix together all ingredients of the rub, and massage into the ribs. When the coals are hot. place fruit or hardwood of choice on top og the coals to prevent the direct heat from scorching the meat, and provide smoke. Place the drip pan into the kettle then fill half full of water. put the ribs, bone side down, directly over the drip pan, cover, and close all vents to half-open position. Baste with remaining sauce every 30 minutes. Slowly smoke until the ribs reach 195' F. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides. A juicy, rather than creamy slaw is needed with this to cleanse the palate.

I’m surprised no one else added there best ribs to compare. Am I missing another thread?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom